“Snowvillage Inn is back and out of this world”
Review of Snowvillage Inn

Snowvillage Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Eaton B&B and Inns
“Snowvillage Inn is back and out of this world”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great spot, magnificent views; the Inn is spiffed up with a new look and it is awesome. Kevin Flynn is back with a great staff and a five star chef. This is a lovely place to stay for a visit to the White Mountains or to come to a fabulous concert at Stone Mountain Arts Center just ten minutes up the road. Doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Yarmouth, ME
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I used to come to the Snowvillage Inn for years when Kevin Flynn owned it (7 years ago). It just wasn't the same after Kevin left, but the good news is that he's now back! Kevin and his partner, Jen have purchased the Snowvillage Inn and all the former great karma has returned. I love the welcoming yellow dining room and the common rooms and porch are the perfect place to relax. The bar, which was not here 7 years ago, is a fabulous welcoming spot too.

I stayed in room 10 with incredible views of the mountains and an incredibly comfortable king bed. I'm a stickler for pillows and the four king size pillows (with more in the closet) are a great touch!

The food is amazing! Chef Brian Anderson is a wizard in the kitchen. The local, fresh, unique flavors were inspiring. I can't say enough about how nice it is to see life return to the Snowvillage Inn. I heartily recommend it for couples. Families are beautifully accommodated in the Carriage House too. Foodies will love it!

Room Tip: For privacy, choose room 9 or 10 - private entrance.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Conway
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful summer evening at the Inn for dinner. The appetizers including mussels and bruschetta were delicious and perfectly service. My main entree, haddock with bacon and Cape Cod Potato chip crust was as delicious as it sounds. Others in the party had their seafood special and all of us cleaned out plates. The waitress is wonderful, just the right amount of attention, but allowing us to enjoy our conversations without a lot of interruptions. We finished with wine and desserts on their beautiful porch watching twilight arrive. What more could you want? The owners have done a beautiful job with this lovely old place.

Room Tip: Be sure to order dessert!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wonderful gardens and views surround this pristine Inn with two additional buildings. Our room was cozy and quiet; no TV or phone--perfect for soothing the senses. Our meal was delicious and the service attentive without being invasive. The complimentary breakfast was a full meal, not just muffins and toast. These owners have reclaimed the property after a hiatus of some years and are doing a great job making guests feel welcome and comfortable--and very well fed. If you're looking for a quiet get-away in the foothills of the White Mountains, this is the place for you. Crystal Lake is nearby and your room-key gets you onto the beach for free.

Room Tip: No AC but cool enough with the window fan.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HungryDriver
Washington DC
Reviewed July 14, 2012

You might expect the dining experience to be mediocre when the setting is divine, but the Inn's new chef Brian is world class! The food is creative, gorgeously presented and absolutely delicious. There is no reason to travel to NYC or Paris when we have a stellar restaurant right here in Snowville! Welcome, Brian!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Philip G
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have dined at the Inn many times over the past years and were happy to see that Kevin and Jen are now steering the ship. We were lucky enough to be there the day they reopened the Inn and the first night for the new Chef. The food was OUTSTANDING. This is a must try for anyone that wants a beautifully prepared, seasoned and presented meal. Just incredible. Both of our dinners were imaginative, sophisticated and absolutely delicious! Each course brought a new delight. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
We will certainly be back each time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NHCarla
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We are trying to plan a summer trip to somewhere we've never been but all I can think of is our perfect family trip last August at the Snowville Inn. "You feel up my senses".... is the song I kept singing over and over. Everywhere you look it's nothing but beautiful. If your outside you have a panoramic view of gorgeous mountains. The rustic Inn, outside and in-the MOST charming setting I've ever seen. OUr 14 yr old son & 8 yr daughter were bummed when we first got there to see no TV, but less than an hour we were hiking, playing wiffle ball, laughing, talking.
Oh it was the best family trip!!! I love reading at night. Magically our kids LOVED reading there at night. We would lay in my son's room reading our books for about an hour every night. That had never happened and it hasn't happened since. I long to go back. We took a day trip to Mt. Washington-flawless! No swimming pool but a gorgeous drive to a natural spring. Blast!! We were jumping off this high rock into cold FRESH water, LOL! SO much fun! There is no "fitness center" but we hiked up hills to a near mountain and climbed it almost everyday. Great workout, fresh air, butterflies. Upon arrival I was very sad. I had recently lost my beloved mother. I left a new person. Like I had been on a spiritual retreat. The owners Jim and Matt feel like family to me now. They knew all the right things for us to do with our kids!
I recently went to a busy 5 star hotel, I felt like I was in a scene of "Stepford Wives". All I kept thinking was how much better the vibe is at The Snowville Inn. Forget San Francisco- I'm going back to The Snowville Inn- In the words of my daughter "The perfectest family trip I've ever been on!!!"

Room Tip: Owners Matt and Jim will tell you how to get to the natural spring for the best swimming experience...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eaton
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway
Purity Spring Resort
Purity Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Madison
Inn at Crystal Lake & Pub

Been to Snowvillage Inn? Share your experiences!