“Best place to stay in Durham”
Review of Three Chimneys Inn

Three Chimneys Inn
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Durham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Historic Boutique Hotel and Restaurant located just a mile from the University of New Hampshire.
Durham, NH
“Best place to stay in Durham”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Three Chimneys Inn can be characterized as: well kept, friendly, well landscaped and maintained grounds, excellent food, and within walking distance of downtown and the University of New Hampshire. I live in Durham, NH and advise guests to stay there and eat there often myself.

Visited June 2012

Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This past weekend my family and friends went to a Wedding hosted at theThree Chimneys Inn.
I have to say that it was one on the "Best Weddings" I have attended. Our friends and family just could not say enough about the Inn., The inn staff, waiting staff, bar staff and the wonderful cooking staff made my daugthers and her new husband day just "PERFECT". As for me, the Mother of the Bride "MOB", it was truly a wonderful day to enjoy without all the drama that can come from a wedding. Thank you to all that helped make this a once in a lifetime event!!

PS The Food was outstanding 5-star from cocktail hour, wedding reception, after hours party to the morning breakfast!!!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank ScottandPaula G
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“Sky-high prices for bad food”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We went to the Three Chimney's Inn for an early birthday dinner. We did not stay at the inn. We were seated in the tavern as the main dining was not open, and it took about 30 min before we even got water and a drink order. Then another 15 minutes before we could give our meal order. I ordered Lobster Scampi (which described vegetables in a cream sauce over lobster ravioli) and my husband ordered Fried Chicken. 20 minutes later the waitress came back and said they are out of the lobster, so they switched it to shrimp scampi. Fine with me, I love shrimp too. When we got our food my plate had 4 pieces of shrimp in a mushroom cream sauce. I looked under the plate to see where the rest of it was! My husband's fried chicken was not anything like fried chicken it was breaded nuts over three pieces of chicken, and had no taste. We decided to not bother with dessert, so when the check came they charged us the same price for the lobster scampi as the shrimp they gave me ($28!) which was ridiculous. For a lobster dish supposed to be served with ravioli that sounds reasonable, but for 4 pieces of shrimp??? With no pasta? Unbelievable. We will never go back!

• Visited September 2011
Newfields, New Hampshire
“Excellent meal and atmosphere at the Three Chimneys Inn”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This past week, my wife and I went over to the Three Chimneys Inn for a dinner out. Both of us enjoyed excellent food, a beautiful atmosphere and good (but not great) service.

Being a warm summer evening, we opted to eat out on the terrace. A musician named Dave played an enjoyable set of music that reminded me of Dave Matthews. He had an excellent voice, with his performance being entertaining but also kept to the background.

We started our meal with an appetizer of Seared Ahi Tuna Bites, which had a fantastic arrangement of flavors and was well presented. My wife then ordered the Potato Encrusted Haddock with a Caesar Salad, while I ordered the Jefferson Fried Chicken. The portions were plentiful and the food was excellent. We finished our meal with the Brownie a la mode, with the brownie being very dense and fudge-like.

The only complaint I could make was that the service was slow. It took them several minutes to seat us although it wasn't particularly busy at the time when we arrived. From the time we ordered our food, it took a good 25+ minutes to get our appetizer, and then another 20+ minutes to get our food. In that time, our waitress was around but not overly attentive. However, given that we were really just there to relax and in no particular rush, she may have picked up on this and let us be. When she did come by, she was both polite and helpful.

While the meal wasn't inexpensive, we felt that given the quality of the food, it was worth it for a night out. Both my wife and I would gladly return on a special occasion or as a meal with out of town guests.

• Visited July 2011
“Great night out!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I met some old friends at the Three Chimney's Inn. We were greeted by a friendly hostess, and shown to a cozy table in the corner. Our waitress was excellent....very attentive. My husband, a self proclaimed chef, had the beef tenderloin. It was cooked to perfection. I had the butternut squash ravolie. Delicious as well.
Overall a "great night out!"