“Second time was not a charm”
Review of Mixteca Taqueria Y Cantina - CLOSED

Mixteca Taqueria Y Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Sister restaurant to Zapoteca Restaurante and Tequileria is coming soon.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I went back to this restaurant a second time as we were so impressed back in June when we gave it high reviews. We both decided to get the same starter and entrees we did last time as we both had loved them. To start we had the trio salsa with chips... the chips were horrible... hard and most likely stale, even the 3 ( same as last time) salsas were very mediocre , habanero salsa was pathetically mild, our entrees were nothing like the first time.... very unimpressed. Not sure if they feel that school is starting at UNH so business will be good no matter the quality... and have lowered their standards. I highly doubt we would go back... pity, as they do have a great selection of high end Tequilas.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Groupon brought us there, the food and drinks brought us back. The food is delicious with wonderful fresh ingredients. I had tacos "al pastor". Pork with grilled pineapple salsa. They were out of this world. My friend had pulled chicken enchiladas with rice and beans. The chicken was marinated in a lime cilantro sauce. Also delicious. We went to the brunch on Sunday. Unlimited Sangria or Mimosas and a meal for $15. The red Sangria is fabulous!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Blown away by the food and drink and service. Came here thanks to Groupon and pleasantly surprised by the freshness and flavours. I'm a guacamole snob and have to say this was the best I've had! Kelly, our server, was wonderful. We stumbled on Happy Hour with half price apps and drinks. The margarita was also the best in the area. I loved it here and will return.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went there for lunch today and as fans of Zapoteca (sister restaurant) we were not disappointed. The Margaritas were excellent- we had the Habenero Watermelon and the classic. Food was good- not as high end as Zapoteca but great for a college town. I thought the atmosphere looked fun but hard to tell what it would be like on a noisy night when UNH is full session.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed our nacho appetizers and our meals and found the service prompt, friendly, and informative. The food arrived hot and was very good. The music was pretty loud for us but may suit a younger crowd just fine. We'll go back.