“Friendly atmosphere and great food!”
Review of Bella's

Bella's
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
new jersey
“Friendly atmosphere and great food!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten here a number of times - food is great and staff are very nice! Picnic tables are available for outdoor dining in warm weather. There are specials that add a nice variety to their menu.

• Visited February 2014

Durham, NH
“Hooray! Adult fare in Durham”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Those of you who don't live in a small New England college town may not understand. However, restaurants in Durham that are not geared to college students are somewhat unique (with the exception of Three Chimneys.) This is a casual place that is great for couples or small or moderately large groups. The food is excellent, and the delightful owner is always present and speaks to each table--really makes a difference. I've lived in Durham for 34 years and am not connected to the university. I have dined at Bella's many times with one other person or with groups after a meeting. This is an extremely accommodating restaurant. Wait staff is definitely above average for a college town. It is a small place with no private locations so everything discussed may become Durham gossip. Love the summer "on the porch" tables. You can go there with confidence that you'll have a good meal.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Darien L
Dover, New Hampshire
“Friendly Pub Atmosphere, Great Food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I Love the friendly welcoming staff, they are well trained and genuinely happy to see their customers. Locals are frequently at the bar chatting with neighbors. In a college town it I love having a place for "townies". Food is inventive and delicious, they offer a wide range of choices from sandwiches to choice steaks; all well prepared. The outdoor deck is large and staff keeps the service up even outside. We have never been disappointed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank firstswan
Blaine, Washington
“Durham restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have gone here a couple of times. The food and service were Good and the menu basic with all the usual suspects. Good actually for a university town. Prices reasonable. I would go again .

Visited January 2014
Durham, NH
“"Cheers" lives in Durham”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have been on vacation in Mexico, and not really missing the snow and cold But I have missed Bella's and my fur baby! This is the type of local restaurant we all dream about finding. Jeanne and Tommy are great hosts and the staff are all young, personable, attentative, and just adorable. I feel that the "kids" are really my kids. Missed you Ashley, Nicole, Nick, Alana, Dorothy and anyone I haven't mentioned. The food is amazing...from the soups ( French onion soup, tomato bisque, and all of their specials), appetizers ( that I have had as my meal...the mussels are great, the chicken tenders), the sandwiches and wraps and full entrees. The burgers are huge and my fur baby hopes I bring home the leftovers. I love the chicken Cesar wrap...really good. Everyone knows that when there's meatloaf, put aside a serving for hubby! Desserts are to save room for! Pies from Sweet Melissa's bakery, turtle cheesecake, peanut butter cheesecake...oh boy, salivating already. Almost forgot to mention the onion rings, yummy! Save my seat at the bar...coming home to where everyone knows your name...great destination in Durham and its not a typical college town hangout.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Bella's? Share your experiences!