“Saturday lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited my son at UNH last Saturday and took he and his friend out to lunch at Bella's. The menu has a nice variety, the prices are reasonable, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the service was friendly. This is by far the nicest restaurant I've been to in downtown Durham.

There are newer reviews for Bella's

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were attending a game at NHU which let out past the time the restaurant kitchens close - Bellas was so nice that they allowed us to pre-order and when we got there they had it waiting for us! Food was delicious and the staff extremely pleasant.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We've eaten lunch and dinner at Bella's, and they do a very nice job with the pretty simple food I had. Nice atmosphere, decent bar, great outdoor seating area during the nice weather. Typical small restaurant with the owner playing a very large part in ensuring a quality experience. Definitely give it a try!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our first visit to New England and the University of New Hampshire involved a lot of driving around all day long to see all the sights. We wanted to eat dinner somewhere within walking distance of campus. Bella's has a terrific location, and the clean, lean look of the interior was enticing. Great food, swell beer selection, and superb service - every employee was wonderfully accommodating. We unintentionally lingered past closing time, and never felt like they wanted us to leave - very patient and polite staff. Bella's is now on our list for the next trip east!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We don't dine out often as our money is better spent on home cooked meals... until we stumbled upon Bella's! We were walking by on a Monday, when they are closed & had the chance to read the menu posted on the door. To our surprise the owner waved at us & invited us in to look around. Jeanne was very nice & a 'real' person to take a few moments to sit and talk with us. We talked of food, families & the Durham area.
We returned on our next payday to EAT! My husband had an avocado salad with a fantastic wine infused dressing while I had the fish & chips. I told the waitress that I liked my fries really crispy. I told her I was picky when it comes to my french fries & could she make sure the chef dropped them down a few times. - Little things make me happy & boy was I a happy camper with my crispy fries!
Would we return again? We already have...three times! Yep, nice staff & a smart owner gearing our college town over-run pizza parlors with a more family orientated eatery.

Been to Bella's? Share your experiences!