“Go for seafood”

Castaways Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #74 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went with a party of sixteen, they didn't know we were coming. The server come to get our drink order in a timely manner. The food was a little slow but it all came out at once and was hot. I did not hear any complaints, and with sixteen people, that tells me they enjoyed there meals. The prices were not out of line for restaurants in this area. The servers were on the ball.

1  Thank Jonmorse
There are newer reviews for Castaways Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed June 30, 2013

All bad, except for the location. Maybe someday this place will get bull-dozed and someone with some class will put in a decent place. :(

7  Thank Knarfy
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I had never even heard of this place until Dover's annual Oktoberfest, where you pay $20 or so and get to walk around drunk and the bars are supposed to have food for you. Castaway's was on the list, so we headed down to get a drink and some free food. This place is SO dirty, I can't believe they haven't been shut down! The door to the bathroom was so grimy I couldn't bring myself to touch it. They had no food, said they had run out and were making more. Ha! We sat there for over an hour and never got a thing. I can't imagine what their kitchen must look like. It is unfortunate, because this is an awesome location right on the water with an outdoor bar, what a waste of a great space...

4  Thank TJVatcher
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip to Maine over Labor Day weekend and the closest hotel we could find was in Dover. On our last night, we decided to go out for a little nightlife. We are from New York (very upstate...near the Canadian border) where the bars are open much later. However, we went out around 11 PM and asked our taxi driver where we should go. He brought us to "Castaways" and it was the worst suggestion ever!! The place looked open and had all of the lights on. But...when we walked in and went into the bar, there was nobody anywhere. We waited around and even called out for an employee but nobody showed up. Finally, we roamed around and found an employee outside who was hanging out with friends drinking. She told us that the bar was closed and we needed to leave. Even after I explained that we had just paid a taxi to bring us there, she didn't care. She was very rude and acted as if we had invaded her personal after-hours party. I'm actually amazed this place doesn't get robbed because we could have taken anything in the place and nobody would have noticed! I used to bartend and this was ridiculous! Thankfully we found "the Farm" and had a great experience! Skip Castaways....they obviously have no clue...

4  Thank TaraMoon32777
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The location is very nice. The food is awful and the service was just rude. We ended up speaking with a manager and he was pretty rude too.

4  Thank JillA

Been to Castaways Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!