Hampton Inn Dover
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hi-Vu Motor Inn(Rochester)
Greenwood Inn(Rochester)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicegreat place to stayconvenient locationnext morningbreakfast areanew hampshirehockey tournamentvery nice hotelscrambled eggsbusiness tripfront desk staffdefinitely stay here againcookieseasy accessstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great location and excellent stay with my wife. There were many restaurants close by, as well as local shopping. Close to southern Maine. The staff was pleasant. I would consider this Hampton on my next trip to Maine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank long_green44
Debra R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We look forward to seeing you when you return to the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hampton Inn is always a great place to stay, at a reasonable price, and this one keeps up the standard. It's attractive to enter, there are several luggage carts available in the outer lobby, welcoming staff at the desk, a handsome seating area fronting the breakfast tables and chairs, clean room, clean bath, comfortable beds, and your morning breakfast is included. (I must say that no one yet has been able to produce a cooked egg dish: "omelet" or "scrambled eggs" that is worth eating. Go for the hard cooked, cold eggs if you need an egg.) The room we had, #320, had 2 queen beds and a small armchair in addition to the desk and desk chair, so that both people can sit upright to watch TV or read...or knit. I always look for a Hampton Inn and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We do thank you for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn. We do appreciate your business. Have a great Summer. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed the location, walk to Café 99. Starbucks down the street. Quiet, polite staff. Good value and if you want to stay in a reasonable place and still visit Portsmouth it is great. Jump on the highway and get anywhere, no traffic noise at the hotel though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that it was peaceful. We do have a good location close to Portsmouth and the Beaches. We love having you stay with us and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We live slightly more than an hour away from Dover, but due to numerous Friday commitments and back to back Saturday/Sunday family reunions, we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, Dover. A circuitous route, due to appointments, took us from Amherst, to Henniker, to Exeter, to Hampton, and we arrived in Dover road weary. A smooth check-in and comfortable room eased our transition from road weary to a relaxed state.

Our 2nd floor room was near the elevator, but hallway/elevator traffic was negligible during our two-night stay. More problematic was plumbing noise - the rush of water when a toilet was flushed on the floor above. Our room was at the back of the hotel, over the pool, so we had a view of trees and a fence between a neighboring house and the hotel. Be aware this hotel sits between a busy commercial area and a neighborhood of private homes. Despite the location, we did not notice any issues related to outside noise.

The bathroom had a walk-in shower, no tub. There were not enough bath towels, but that was quickly corrected with a call to the front desk, who notified Housekeeping. We also needed firmer pillows, and we found them on our bed when we returned from dinner. The king-size bed and luxurious linens allowed for comfortable sleep. The room had a microwave oven and mini-refrigerator; we did not use the microwave oven, but appreciated the ‘fridge for our beverages and ice packs. It was easy to connect to the internet; we did not use the television. The coffee machine on a bathroom shelf seemed like an odd location, but we did not use it, taking advantage of coffee in the breakfast area both days.

The breakfast was fresh and plentiful, even at 9:30 a.m., with service ending at 10:00 a.m. I was most grateful the fresh fruit mix did NOT include blueberries, as I have an allergy to the pervasive New England fruit. Choices included scrambled & hard boiled eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, bagels, muffins, dry cereal, hot oatmeal, and numerous beverages.

There are a few energy saving measures that were inconvenient. Having no night light, I left the bathroom light on at night, but it shut off automatically. The cooling/heating system has a mind of its own, especially during the night, and it did not maintain a steady temperature.

I was disappointed that I forgot my bathing suit and could not take advantage of the pool, as it looked clean and inviting. Next time I won't forget to come prepared!

Would we stay here again? Yes…the amenities far outweighed the very few discomforts.

Room Tip: We will try the 3rd floor next time, as our 2nd floor room had the sound of rushing water every time a toilet was flushed above.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank StarWeez

Thank you for your review of the Hotel. I am glad that our team made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed only one night but the family had such a great time when they visited me. The pool is very nice and clean with plenty of towels. The room was a good size and bedding with pillows was very comfy. Little things like charger outlets on night stand, and thermostat on wall made my stay easier. Liked large shower instead of tub. I'm short so I didn't like the high sink and counter. Gave location a 4 because it was hard for me to find hotel (not from area). All staff so helpful and friendly. First time I stayed at a Hampton Inn and probably won't be my last.

• Stayed: July 2013
Debra R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello Pat H.

We are so happy that you had a great visit with family and you enjoyed the Hotel. We appreciate your Business and hope you will continue to visit us in the future.