“Dover Microtel- Sparkling clean!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed May 1, 2013

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover

Reviewed April 30, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We checked in at 1am showered ready for bed noticed the white bedspread was dirty and small "personal" hairs on it and rolled back the bedding and found more hair in he sheets and on the pillow cases... Called front desk and the moved us to the next room over...
We noticed big gaps in the door casing found you could open he door with the do not disturb sign without door key!!! Safety was a huge issue! Let the maintenance man know and he got on it ASAP! We wanted to speak to the manager and left messages for him and he avoided us!!! If the manager had of returned our calls and even made
the effort to speak to us!

2  Thank Dennis M
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I appreciate your response and would like to respond to your accusations about the hotel and management. The night auditor who examined the room for hairs with you determined there was no hairs and moved you to accomodate your requests. Additionally the Housekeeping manager and myself examined the room the next day to ensure the cleanliness standards we so strongly strive for did not fall short in this case.

Your concerns about safety and the door casing was addressed immediately as you noted and rest assured we have never encountered a safety issue at this property.

I again appreciate your opinion about the management not being responsive to your request but the contact information was not legible nor was a phone number left via voicemail. All attempts to remedy this situation were addressed and unfortunately contact was not possible with the information provided.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hello,

After I arrived...my TV did not work. I asked to be moved to another oroom...which happened immediately. The TV came on but no channels would change. I went back to the front desk to tell the night auditor. She was very polite and came up to my room and programmed the clicker. 10minutes later...same probelm. I had to call down to get the code to fix it and luckily I coould remember it since it continued to happen all evening. I called down for a 5:30 AM wake-up call...no call in the morning. Luckily I woke up as I had a very important business meeting in the morning. When I was taking a shower the water was so hot it almost scalded me. Then it went cold. I told the front desk clerk about and he an attitude of "Oh well". He was also folding laundry right on the counter out front. Not a very good impression for guest services. I will not recommend your hotel nor will I stay at a Microtel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We are sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an enjoyable and pleasant stay. Unplanned circumstances do arise that are unavoidable; however this should in no way affect the comfort of your stay. We try to resolve all issues brought to our attention immediately, and I would like to thank you for your input.

Please accept our apologies and be assured we will address the concerns immediately . I apologize your experience was less than satisfactory. We hope that you will extend us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and stay with us in the future.

We are confident that your next visit will be up to the standards for which we so strongly strive.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our second stay here and would definitely stay again. We even made sure to plan our route back home so that we could stay over night :). The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean, the free breakfast offers a lot of choices and it's close to restaurants and stores. Would highly recommend it for anyone planning a shopping trip in Kittery or simply passing through the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I come down to NH every 6 weeks for treatments at the hospital in Dover, which is 2 hours away from home (one way), and since I receive the treatments over multiple days- anywhere from 2-10 days, I needed a place to stay in the area. The first time I stayed at a Mircotel was in Pennsylvania (had never heard of this brand of hotels before), and was pleased with the price and cleanlines, etc., so when it came down to choosing one of the couple different hotels in the Dover/Somersworth area, Microtel was on the top of my list. You had the best prices, and even with affordable pricing, it didn't feel like you were staying in a budget hotel. The price is great and Microtel doesn't seem to skimp on quality despite having less expensive rooms than other hotels in the area. I have stayed at the Microtel every time I have needed to have treatments done at the hospital, and have very few complaints. The microwave in the lobby is so helpful for heating something up quickly, and the breakfast choices and the 24/7 coffee, tea, hot water, and hot chocolate are bonus. I haven't really been able to try out much of the breakfast buffet, except for the toast, butter and jam as I can't eat before my treatments. My only complaints are sometimes the noise. Occasionally you can hear someone talking to another person or on their cell phone or watching TV in the next room and definitely hear people talking and laughing loudly in the hallways, but that's just about every motel/hotel/inn. My only other complaint is the outdated TVs, they are large and bulky and difficult to turn so that people in both beds can see the TV well and both hear the sound well. There are no channel listings saying what is what, and if you look online the channels in the Dover area are different from the ones in the Inn itself, so it is difficult knowing what channels are available and which channel number corresponds to which channel. Other than those minor things, I really have no major complaints, do and will continue to highly recommend Microtels to anyone looking for a place to stay, and will continue to spend a night at the Dover Microtel every 6 weeks for my treatements as long as the prices stay reasonable. Thank you for a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katie S
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind response. My team and I take pride in delivering a clean comfortable product and we hold our standards much higher than a budget hotels. We look forward to improving our hotels TV's in the near future and maintaining our position as the best valued hotel in Dover.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
The Anchorage Inn - Rochester
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover? Share your experiences!