All reviews pancake maker continental breakfast is queen bed rooms are small bagels fresh cookies hard boiled eggs in room coffee pleasant staff would highly recommend this hotel non smoking comfortable beds would stay again nice breakfast stayed one night pleasant stay sleep
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The overall service was very good. Staff was courteous and professional as well as friendly. The location was perfect for our family gathering. However the queen size bed in our room just wasn't comfortable. We got very little sleep over the two nights we were there. Perhaps a thick foam pillow top would have made a difference?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at the Microtel in Dover with a friend on Sat. Aug. 04, 2012. It was not a good experience. We had booked the room through CAA in Canada before leaving. We knew that there were no rooms with two beds but they promised us a room with a bed and a pull out couch. That was fine. We arrived and reminded the front desk of the need for a second bed or pull out couch. Yes, no problem. We dropped off our things and saw that there was a couch in the room. We immediately left for an evening supper and play and did not return to the hotel until midnight. I pulled out the couch and there was a BARE MATTRESS with no sheets or pillows or blankets in sight. I went to the front desk and explained - TWICE - that there was a bare mattress and I needed sheets, pillows and a blanket. Some time later, the young man from the front desk arrived with a mattress!!!!! I explained again what I needed and off he went again to search. He returned with sheets and a bedspread which he had taken out of the laundry since he didn't know where these items were kept - no pillows, no blanket. Third time lucky. Everything arrived and I was able to make up my own bed and finally get into it about 45 minutes later.
In the meantime, we had noticed that the WIFI had cut out. Yes, said the young man, that happened and he would do something. Well, it never did come on while I was awake that night and it was still off in the morning. We were leaving by eight o'clock. There was no one on the desk though three people were milling around. Finally got some attention. Yes the WIFI was a problem but the other young man had pulled out all the cords and stuck them back in so there should be no further problem - a great comfort as we were leaving. Others were getting impatient with the lack of service since a few people wanted to check out.
The attitude was polite but with the attitutde of we can't be bothered to serve you.
I also pointed out that I had found a beetle in the bathroom but that didn't seem to bother anyone.
All in all - NOT a good stay. No one seemed to care. The three people we dealt with were all very polite but didn't seem to understand requests or care about doing something about them. I think a manager with experience and good managerial skills could have helped the situation a lot.

Room Tip: No pool; no restaurant; left too early to try breakfast. The room had a bit of a kitchenette but no dishes or silverware. There was a coffee maker, a small fridge and a microwave.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We are sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover NH. Our goal is to provide each guest with an enjoyable and pleasant stay. I do believe your encounter is not typical of our establishment and I would like to apologize for how your request was handled. We try to resolve all issues brought to our attention immediately, and I would like to thank you for your input.

Please accept our apologies and be assured we will use your comments as a training tool for our staff members. We hope that you will extend us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and stay with us in the future.

We are confident that your next visit will be up to the standards for which we so strongly strive.

Jeramy Robertson

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Our room wa located on the second floor, as soon as we got of the elevator there was a funky odor. So we proceeded to our room and opened the door to find a similar odor as well, couldn't quite figure it out. Other than that we had a great room and pleasant stay

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Friendly greeting. Clean lobby. Well lit parking lot. Decent furnishings in room. Cool window bench. Comfy bed. Easy to use alarm clock. Clean bathroom. Excellent continental breakfast. Fast checkout. Nicely done!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel as an affordable alternative to something in Portsmouth. It is a bit of a drive, but nothing too crazy. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. It is spotlessly clean! There wasn't one speck of dirt or broken handle or anything of that nature to be found anywhere. The room was a tad small, but more than fine for a couple of nights. The bed was comfy and the A/C kept the room nice and cool. We had a queen accessible room as that was all that was available that night. Unlike a previous reviewer, we didn't have any problems with the room or the height of the shower head. We quite enjoyed the extra room we had in the bathroom! There is a breakfast in the morning. It's standard fare (breads, cereals, muffins) but was still a great way to start the day. They even had a Keurig machine with many different types of tea and coffee! The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Overall, I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple