$189
$122
$142
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewspancake makercontinental breakfast isqueen bedrooms are smallbagelsfresh cookieshard boiled eggsin room coffeepleasant staffwould highly recommend this hotelstay there againcomfortable bedsnon smokingnice breakfaststayed one nightpleasant staysleep
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel as an affordable alternative to something in Portsmouth. It is a bit of a drive, but nothing too crazy. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. It is spotlessly clean! There wasn't one speck of dirt or broken handle or anything of that nature to be found anywhere. The room was a tad small, but more than fine for a couple of nights. The bed was comfy and the A/C kept the room nice and cool. We had a queen accessible room as that was all that was available that night. Unlike a previous reviewer, we didn't have any problems with the room or the height of the shower head. We quite enjoyed the extra room we had in the bathroom! There is a breakfast in the morning. It's standard fare (breads, cereals, muffins) but was still a great way to start the day. They even had a Keurig machine with many different types of tea and coffee! The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Overall, I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We picked this hotel because of a low price and location close to shopping area in Kittery, and were very pleased with a modern and clean room. The square footage is a bit smaller than some rooms, but they were very smart in design to maximize the space and we found it comfortable and clean. Free coffee was a bonus, we walked across the street to Chilli's for supper and overall felt it was a good value for the price. The breakfast area is understandably busy but you can grad cereal or a begal, muffin and banana and off you go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Okay hotel. The fitness room was kind of small - only 3 pieces of equipment. The advertisement that I booked off showed a totally different hotel - new and very modern - but it was not. It also stated that there was a pool - there was not. We had traveled for 10.5 hours and were looking forward to a swim so the kids were not very happy.

Breakfast was good though and the staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean although the TV being mounted about 7 feet in the air on top of a closet was a little unnerving.

All in all not bad. Fair price for room provided, but really wish that the pool had not been a mirage.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our room was very clean, comfortable, and well maintained. I have stayed at Microtel Inns before and I am a fan of this chain. The window seats are really nice. The breakfast was good. The staff was really nice and helpful. I selected a room with only 1 queen bed, and found it to be a bit on the small side, but for the value of the price paid for what you get, it's acceptable for shorter stays when you may not be using your room that much. I would suggest getting a room with 2 queen beds for a bit larger of a room if it will fit in your budget. I look forward to coming back as we had enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked through hotels.com and didn't realize we booked a queen sized accessible room. We did not need an accessible room but didn't mind, UNTIL we saw the shower. The height of the shower head was extremely low. We called the front desk and asked if they could move us due to this reason. They argued and said all the showers we're at this height so we asked the manager to come to take a look. He said he couldn't do anything for us and if we wanted to move to another room we'd have to pay, or get hotels.com to pay 30-40 dollars of difference. So I said I'd call hotels.com and speak to them to see if they'd foot the difference. They would not help us and the manager at the hotel refused to help us and told us we had to pay 70-80 dollars more! We couldn't take a shower! Im five feet tall and it was an issue for me, but my husband is much taller! I went online and found rooms available at the hotel and at this point it was 7PM so I highly doubt the rooms would have been sold. We were traveling all day and had a very long day of driving the next day. all we wanted was to take a decent shower and a place to put our head down. It was very upsetting that the hotel manager turned his nose at us and said he couldn't do anything. He's the manager, of course he could have! We didnt ask for a suite or a better room, just one with a normal shower. This was our first stay at a Microtel and it left a terrible impression on us.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jeffandjenna
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I apologize the room your reserved was not satisfactory. As I advised, the hotel room type reserved by the guest was an accessible one queen bedded room. The hotel was sold out of one queen bedded rooms and the only option was for an upgraded suite. I advised the guest to contact hotels.com and request them to accept the difference in price and would be happy to move them. Unfortunately this did not occur. I did speak with a representative at hotels.com and voiced our concerns about the reservation and they were unwilling to assist with the issue. The shower head was a detachable hand shower and could accommodate any size individual but this was an option the guest was unhappy with. The guest in the future should book directly with the hotel as it would allow more flexibility.