$149
Motel 6 Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$110
$106
  • Pool
All reviewspancake makercontinental breakfast isqueen bedrooms are smallbagelsfresh cookieshard boiled eggspleasant staffwould highly recommend this hotelstay there againnon smokingstayed one nightbeds were comfortablepleasant staysleeplobbystarbucks
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked through hotels.com and didn't realize we booked a queen sized accessible room. We did not need an accessible room but didn't mind, UNTIL we saw the shower. The height of the shower head was extremely low. We called the front desk and asked if they could move us due to this reason. They argued and said all the showers we're at this height so we asked the manager to come to take a look. He said he couldn't do anything for us and if we wanted to move to another room we'd have to pay, or get hotels.com to pay 30-40 dollars of difference. So I said I'd call hotels.com and speak to them to see if they'd foot the difference. They would not help us and the manager at the hotel refused to help us and told us we had to pay 70-80 dollars more! We couldn't take a shower! Im five feet tall and it was an issue for me, but my husband is much taller! I went online and found rooms available at the hotel and at this point it was 7PM so I highly doubt the rooms would have been sold. We were traveling all day and had a very long day of driving the next day. all we wanted was to take a decent shower and a place to put our head down. It was very upsetting that the hotel manager turned his nose at us and said he couldn't do anything. He's the manager, of course he could have! We didnt ask for a suite or a better room, just one with a normal shower. This was our first stay at a Microtel and it left a terrible impression on us.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jeffandjenna
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I apologize the room your reserved was not satisfactory. As I advised, the hotel room type reserved by the guest was an accessible one queen bedded room. The hotel was sold out of one queen bedded rooms and the only option was for an upgraded suite. I advised the guest to contact hotels.com and request them to accept the difference in price and would be happy to move them. Unfortunately this did not occur. I did speak with a representative at hotels.com and voiced our concerns about the reservation and they were unwilling to assist with the issue. The shower head was a detachable hand shower and could accommodate any size individual but this was an option the guest was unhappy with. The guest in the future should book directly with the hotel as it would allow more flexibility.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

It is exactly what you are looking for, asuming you are looking for a clean, comfortable motel. There aren't a lot of frills here, but it is clean, the bed is very comfortable, the bathroom works, the shower has good pressure, the towels are large and soft, and the breakfast (fruit, packaged stuff and a Belgian waffle machine) is adequate. The place is obviously not brand new - the room television is a tube - but it is well-mantained. Free Wifi (but unsecure - I am using it as I write this). Decent, fresh chocolate chip cookies at check-in. I wish there was a room refrigerator.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Microtel rooms are small, but this one was very clean, very friendly staff, price was reasonable. Would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for the review. I hope we may assist you with your travel needs in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Driving up you can tell its a good hotel. outside is well kept. Inside the lobby is very nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good, lots to choose from. And free Keurig 24/7. Location is very good. very close to all restaurants and malls. I stayed here because I was going to the Nascar race in Loudon and it was only 1 hour away. If im ever in Dover again I will stay here.
only thing I was they had was a pool but I can do without.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Great Review and Great pictures. Hope the race fun was fun and I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We enjoyed staying here for 2 nights recently. We arrived late in the evening only to discover that there was no refrigerator in the room as we had expected. We called the front desk and Lynnda appeared with a fridge in just a few minutes. She also promptly gave us new batteries for the tv remote. Awesome!! The room was clean and comfortable and conveniently located for our purposes.

The only criticism I have is regarding the breakfast. I was thrilled that they have a Keurig coffee maker (actually they have 2) but the breakfast area was so busy that they often ran low on food and supplies and the area was kind of messy. I wish they had restocked more frequently and cleaned up the spills and crumbs. Other than that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple