“High Tea Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dover B&B and Inns
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“High Tea Lunch”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband found this lovely inn on the NH Public TV auction and won the bid on gift certificates for high tea lunch. Pam and Jim are great hosts just as everyone in other reviews have indicated. They go out of their way to make sure you have a great experience. The dining area is beautifully decorated with place settings of china and lovely tableware. We enjoyed the tea, sandwiches, scones and cakes - which were more than we could finish and ended up taking the leftovers home. We lived in England for seven years and often look for places that can do a high tea. We will be returning as often as we can especially since it will take us less than an hour to travel to the Silver Fountain Inn from our home.

Room Tip: We didn't stay at the inn overnight but did get to tour any of the rooms not occupied. The room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have been staying at the Silver Fountain for years and it has just gotten better with the change in ownership (and it was pretty great before). Warm and welcoming with charming rooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast is always very satisfying and I have become fast friends with Jim and Pam in just a couple of stays. Tea is available round the clock and for someone who works around the clock, that's very welcome. Great all around!

Room Tip: Each room has its own character. I try to stay in a different room each time!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our stay at the Silver Fountain Inn was lovely. It has this very British setting. The room we stayed in was very well kept. There was this warm entrance to it. Pam was very sweet and welcoming. Got to wake up to a home cooked breakfast which was a healthy choice.

• Stayed March 2014
Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Always wanted to try a B&B, finally found a deal on Living Social and booked. Just left yesterday. Let me start with the Inn itself. It was beautiful. We stayed in the "Duke" room on the third floor and it was large, very clean and we had no issues at all with it. If I had to suggest anything...I would say new pillows....little stiff. But I am not complaining....it was really nice.
Next I'll move on to the hosts, Pam and Jim. They were very nice. Always had a smile on their faces. We didn't really see Jim till the day we left, but he was very funny and nice. Again, no complaints.
Food? The food was good. We ordered off the special list the first day, not realizing we could basically order anything. But again, no complaints.
So for the Silver Fountain Inn, I would say it was very good. As for the B&B experience......I would say it is just not for me. Not really sure what i expected, but I just feel more comfortable in a hotel. The other couples were aged from young (20's to I would say late 40's) We are in our late 30's so I was glad people were close to our age.
Downtown Dover? Ugh. Not the best. The roads are so bad they can either blow a tire or throw off alignment at every turn. Bars and restaurants were so/so. We did like Kelly's, downstairs in the bar area. Nice bar tender and cozy environment.
Pam recommended downtown Portsmouth, which is about 15 mins by drive. What a great city. Central parking in garage, only $1 an hour. Shops, bars, restaurants everywhere all while feeling extremely safe anywhere you wonder...day or night. Love that city and will be back.

I would have given the Inn an excellent, but my experience was not what i expected. If you are a B&B person, I would say definitely try it. Just not for me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Lovely inn, wonderful hosts. The inn is Victorian and the original details are stunning. Pam and Jim are terrific innkeepers who make their guests feel right at home. Breakfast is delicious as well. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

warm & welcoming, down-to-earth innkeepers. superb service, delicious food, very comfortable bed & room--all in a solid & spacious beautiful building w/ stunning woodwork, moldings, & other features. some rooms are huge w/ more than one bed. easy location to find off highway & close to downtown. A+ !

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
nh
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 1 night, it was great. Very friendly owners, with intimate knowledge of the area. Everything we experienced was absolutely fantastic. The Inn is gorgeous and welcoming. Pam and Jim recommended dining options and we decided to walk into town and could have not been happier. We will definitely be back again and again. Warning: I hear they are getting quite full for the summer so hurry up if you are considering this B+B!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
The Hotel Portsmouth
The Hotel Portsmouth
#1 of 17 in Portsmouth

Been to Silver Fountain Inn? Share your experiences!