“New Remodel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Bartlett, New Hampshire
“New Remodel”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was fully booked. We ended up paying more than usual because of this. They upgraded me to business class. The room had recently been remodeled and was in great condition. We were on the top floor, which was good as I hate having loud people on top of me. The room was clean and comfortable. Front desk folks were great. We walked over to the 99 for a quick dinner. Then up before breakfast was served for a swim meet for my son. Only reason for the 4 instead of a 5 was the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kenneth T, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Good Day,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to share your experience with the entire team, and we look forward to your return next time you are in Dover.

Manager
Comfort Inn Dover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Berwick, Maine
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I almost fell out of my chair seeing what the rates were between this hotel and the Hampton Inn next door. Absolutely priced so high, really we are not on the beach here people. To try and save money I used Kayak and got a better deal but then found out why. The moment I opened the door I found out it was a smoking room. Of course that would explain the rather large burn hole in the blanket. The housekeeping is getting bad as well. Oh the ashtrays were clean but, get the bugs out of the light fixture in the bathroom, yes they show up when you turn a light on.
I guess they don't have towels by the pool anymore either, don't forget to bring one down.

Room Tip: 313 is a smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brenda S
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
We apoloize you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping efforts and the shortage of pool towels. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed every issue in your comments with the housekeeping staff. We strive for perfection in our hotel rooms and the service and comfort of our guests is a top priority.

Kayle, GM
Deerfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Welcomed by a very friendly front desk agent who was able to adjust our room to accommodate a last minute guest. Very comfortable and clean room with a great pool and hot tub! Wonderful hot full breakfast to wake up to in the morning. Great service! Great location! Great stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Dover, NH. We're glad to hear you had enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future!

Kayle, GM
Carrabassett Valley, Maine
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had to unexpectedly spend the night in Dover, NH and booked Comfort Inn via Hotwire and were pleasantly surprised - clean, comfortable, spacious room, friendly service, good breakfast.
Location convenient and 99 Restaurant right next door as well as other chain restaurants right at the same intersection.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenneth T, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and will be sure to share it with the staff! We look forward to being your hotel of choice when in the Dover area.
Comfort Inn & Suites
Dover, NH
Seattle
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are unable to stay at the Homeward Suites Hotel. The location is perfect, the staff is very accommodating and genuinely friendly. One thing I have never seen before, the option to have soft and hard pillows on your bed, they are actually stacked on your bed. Awesome! Only down side is they do not have a very good wifi...it is not secured with a hotel password either. I had to tether my cell phone to get passable internet speed to be able to use my laptop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoy both the Homewood Suites and Comfort Inn & Suites while in Dover, NH. The pillow options was a nice addition to our bedding package in 2013, and such as yourself we get great reviews about it. In regards to the Wi-Fi, i apologize that you were having connection trouble. We do follow the brand requirements in having an access page without a password, per requirements. I hope that the next time you are in Dover, NH we get to see you and potentially address any issues you have with the internet.
Comfort Inn & Suites
Dover, NH
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Newly renovated, this is a fantastic hotel. Very helpful staff. One of the best Whirlpools/Hot Tubs I have been in, nice and hot.

The Suite we stayed in was very comfortable and gave us extra room to entertain.

I totally recommend staying hear.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites, Dover, NH.
We are pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accomodating your travel needs in the future.

Kayle Lyle
GM
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My third year back to the area and this hotel continues to improve..Breakfast is clean and delicious! Rooms are clean and orderly. New carpet has been installed so nice upgrade. Pool and hot tub are clean and well maintained.
Steve remembered my name and always has a smile and he is not the manager!
The front desk, cleaning and breakfast people are top notch and more polite than any other Choice Hotel except for Portsmouth on rte 1.(tied)..
If you are going to Durham, Rochester, Farmington, Alton or Wolfeboro you are foolish to go anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Dover NH. We're thrilled to hear we continue to meet or even exceed your expectations. I'm also glad to hear your positive feedback regarding our newly renovated guest rooms. I'll be sure to pass your thoughtful comments along to Steve!
Thank you again and we look forward to serving your lodging needs in the near future.

Kayle Lyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 17 in Portsmouth

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!