“Great stay and hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during our summer (2013) trip through New England. Good location, nice rooms, great breakfast (with hot items including eggs, waffles, sausage, etc.). There is an indoor pool (heated) and restaurants nearby to drive or walk to. There is a family restaurant right next to the hotel (just walk through the parking lot). The drive time to the beginning of the White Mountain region is just under 1.5 hours (i.e., to the town of Conway). We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Dover, NH.
Since your last stay, we had started our renovations. We would love for you to come stay and experience all the new upgrades!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Dover

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Most of the hotels in Dover are owned by the same owners. All appear to be very clean and well run. Stayed here for a hockey tournament, staff was great and accommodating, booked a double room, forgetting that at the time NH was not all smoke free. Management quickly moved us to a non-smoking king, which was great.

Room Tip: NH is all smoke free now
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChasMcM

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Dover NH.
We're glad to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We booked two nights in advance at this hotel and when we checked in we were told that only the first night they could accommodate us with a non-smoking room. Since my wife is allergic to cigarette smoke and we have a young boy, we knew we couldn't stay there the second night. While we were walking to our "non-smoking" room the hallways stunk of cigarette smoke. Unlike many hotels that have smoking and non-smoking rooms, this hotel had smoking rooms next to non-smoking rooms. So the smell of cigarettes filters into their non-smoking rooms from the next door room.

Don't stay here unless you are OK with sleeping in a cigarette smoke environment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.
We have in tact a ventalation system that exhausts lingering effects of odor caused by the smoking rooms. We also have neutralizers stationed through out the hallways as well. We are currently going through renovations and will actually be eliminating the majority of the smoking rooms.
We hope you would reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Overall the stay was great, whenever I come in Kelly is incredibly pleasant! The one downfall was when I checked in, normally Kelly has all my paperwork and keys made up, however on this stay a different women was at the counter she said he name was either Kayla or Kayleigh. This check in process was much slower than normal, she didn't have my keys ready or my paperwork printed, just some things that Kelly normally goes out of her way to do to make sure guests are happy, and do believe I noticed!

Other than that, the staff if great, my room is always clean, and I always make sure to stop by the jacuzzi!

Room Tip: The suite with the separate room for the bed is the best!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank john2james
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We apologize if your checkin process seemed slower than usual when you had arrived. We try to have registration cards printed and ready to go prior to arrival.
We're glad to hear Kelly was helpful!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Loved this super clean and pet (and people) friendly hotel!! A great price, convenient location and professional staff. Nice touches like pillow selection and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Almost as good as home!

Room Tip: Pets allowed, lovely staff, pretty lobby, fresh clean rooms, restaurants within walking distance en...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Dover NH.
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We can't wait to have you back soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently celebrated my daughter's wedding in Dover and had most all of the out-of-town guests stay with us at the Comfort Inn. They were completely efficient in setting up a block of rooms for people to register with and made certain that guests were greeted well on arrival. Kelly and the rest of the front desk staff were amazing with directions and with sorting out any minor issues and questions our guests had.
Rooms I visited were all super clean, as were the hotel common areas( Our wedding party visitors sort of dominated the breakfast area for a time. LOL). Beds were comfy and baths were nicely appointed for a two night stay. Items like extra towels or exchanging a faulty iron were no challenge to the staff. Every staff member we met, including housekeeping, were cheerful and made it a point to say hello and ask if there was anything they could help us with. I must say that this hotel sure made us all feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the NH seacoast region or UNH as a great spot to hand your hat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark L
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I'm happy to hear we had met all your accommodation needs during your daughters wedding weekend.
We hope you allow us to accommodate your lodging needs in the future!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I visit this area regularly and never encountered this issue until now. When I checked inn a few weeks ago, I requested to get a company rate from a local company I was visiting. The staff at the front desk told me they just could not do this and the only person that could was the manager. When I asked for the manager I was told she would not be available for three days. I left a message for the manager via voice mail, I left a message with the front desk staff for her to call me, and I placed a complaint with customer service at the Choice 800 number. I never got a call back. WARNING: Please be careful checking into this hotel w/o management to show face when you need them. I am a gold member with the Choice group I did not expect this lack of response from a qualified management member.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Delfrio

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I greatly apologize for any inconvenience you had encountered during your stay. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way. I encourage you to please contact me directly at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter further at 603-750-7507 / gm.nh014@choicehotels.com

Kayle Lyle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 17 in Portsmouth
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!