“Great Stay- Exceptional Desk Person”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Boston
“Great Stay- Exceptional Desk Person”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Hi,
I spent the night at your Hampton Inn in Dover NH Saturday night 4/14/2012;I was there for my niece's wedding at the red barn in South Berwick. I want to state that everything was wonderful. The room, pool and breakfast. Everyone was so helpful, but one desk clerk was exceptional. I arrived and a Mr. Paul Adams checked myself and my older aunt Louise Murphy in...he was just so helpful and went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. He really should be recognized for his excellence. TY Pam from Boston, Ma.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela1952
Scott G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
I am always happy to hear someone mentioned by name when we get any feedback. Thank you for taking the time to recognize one of team members for doing an outstanding job.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portsmouth
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel is a very nice hotel The outside was kept nice and clean, The lobby was neat and clean. Checking in would have been a very nice experience if the manager kept to himself. As the clerk was checking me in the manager came from out back somewhere and immediately starting flirting with me. He was trying to impress me so much that he tried to make the clerk look stupid in front of me, Which I thought was very inappropriate. The clerk handled it well and said nothing and just let the MGR make a fool out of himself, which he did. The rooms were nice and clean, Very spacious and the fridge and microwave was an added bonus(However I got the free upgrade to this room during the incident when the MGR tried to make the clerk look stupid). The cookies at check in were warm and delicious. The breakfast area was neat and clean and the food was good. Nice selection of things to choose from. Check out was a breeze.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ms A
Scott G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
I would like to start by apologizing for you being put in a situation as you described. I can tell you that the manager in question is no longer with the hotel in any role. I have spoken with the desk agent that was on that night and assured him that he handled the situation with class. As the General Manager of the hotel, I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope this will not stop you from staying with us again in the future.
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We arrived after midnight, driving in from Boston with areas of blinding snow. The clerk called me by name, and answered all of our questions completely. My colleage and I commented on his outgoing, professional, positive attitude. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean. The location is excellent and there are multiple eating establishments nearby. The morning and evening staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Thank you choosing us on your travels. I am always happy to hear when a team member makes a good impression. I hope you will visit again in the future.
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We arrived quite late almost 11pm and when I went inside to check in the lobby was so warm and inviting. When I expressed I was there to check in the gentleman called me by name prior to my giving him my license. The check in was easy and fast. The room was clean and very spacious. It met all of our expectations and more. I had booked the room on the internet and had requested extra coffee for our room, we had 4 extra packets as I had requested. The next day the housekeeping team tucked in our kids stuffed animals and had them all comfortable when we returned from our day's adventures. It was sooo cute and the children very much appreciated that. Again I had been given extra coffee. We stayed 3 nights and really liked the ability to check out at noon. We had excellent service our entire visit and the hotel was always immaculate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review. I am happy to hear your family enjoyed our hotel. I love to hear that the team here went above and beyond when it comes to guest service. I hope you will return and visit us again. Thank you once again and have a great day!
New Hampshire
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I would like to thank Patrick and Charlie for the excellent customer service provided to me during my stay the nights of Feb 24th and 25th. I was here for a hockey tournament and the hotel was full of kids having a great time! My son and his teamates aged 6 to 8 had a blast swimming in the pool and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as the complimentary cookies at check in. I had a two bed suite with a fridge and microwave which really worked for us. The staff is very friendly and requests for towels in the pool area were filled immediatly. Charlie at the front desk was quick to accomodate all the kids and very efficient. Patrick took care of a concern of mine before I even arrived and I appreciate his help. I travel for a living and was pleasantly surprised with the level of service here. Will definitly stay here again! Applebees, 99 restaurant, and Chillis are within walking distance. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts are close too.

• Stayed February 2012
Scott G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you so much for recognizing members of our team by name. I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff did everything possible to make it even better. I hope the kids won the tournament and that you will visit us again in your travels.
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed in this location while visiting family in the area. It is very easy to get to from the Route 16 and there are several chain restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The non-smoking king room was clean and even though the parking lot was filled, it was very quiet. The complementary breakfast was fine. It did have a variety of options, plus waffles and "egg patties" and sausage. The egg patties were the only thing I would suggest the management change. The scrambled eggs that are provided in many motel/hotel breakfasts are much more appetizing. Kelly is an excellent manager. Overall, I would stay at this establishment again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AzzStudio
Scott G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to recognize not only our hotel, but also Kelly individually. As the New General Manager, I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I can also tell you that we have recently updated our breakfast selection to include not only scrambled eggs but also cheese omelets. I hope you will return in the future. Once again, thank you for your time!
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I checked in, this large man, named Don was talkin on his cell phone, loudly and rather inappropriately. He was explaining to someone that there was once a suicide in the hotel. This is not something I or anyone else would want to hear. He apologized and hung his phone up to complete the checkin process... I asked him if he was talking about that hotel, and kindof laughed.... He responded with a yes. I came down the next morning, deciding to just leave. A kind girl, named Nikki or Nichole, asked why we were departing early. I informed her what was said. She said I couldn't be refunded for the next day unless we sold out. ... I then asked for a manager. A man named Craig told her to tell them what she told me. I told her that was not acceptable. She went back and fourth several times like a lost puppy, he refused to come out to speak to me..... I leaned over the front desk to catch a glimpse of him just sitting at his desk. I said "hey why don't you come out so we can discuss this Bates Motel thing". Can you believe he responded with a "it happened a long time ago". He then picked up his phone and pretended to make a call.

I will not stay there ever again. I am filing a chargeback with American Express. BEWARE!

• Stayed November 2011
I am the New General Manager at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Dover, NH. The male employee and the manager mentioned in the review are no longer with the hotel. I hope that you will give us a chance to host you again in the future. I can persoanlly guarantee that you will enjoy your stay. If you ever need anything, please feel free to contact me personally at sgoldberg@lafrancehospitality.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Village Resort
#17 of 41 in Hampton
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!