“The Loft is a must visit!”

Strafford Farms Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ice cold beer, fresh popped corn, reasonably priced menu and outstanding customer service? Then you must partake of the Loft @ Strafford Farms. It truly is the "Cheers" of Dover!

There are newer reviews for Strafford Farms Restaurant

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I've dined here 4 times and each time the food quality was poor. The last time we visited, we ordered the prime rib. It tasted like ham and the side of vegetables was cold. Very nice and attentive waitress but this place needs to be updated and the food quality needs to be improved.

2  Thank travelnh1
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were looking for some light salads after a day at a family picnic. Strafford Farms was just up the road from our hotel. Their menu, as advertised, offered something for everybody, from pizzas to entrees to a great selection of salads.

There is an eclectic menu of specialty beverages, and my companion tried the Catalina Margarita. It was a refreshing treat, with just a hint of peachy taste.

We both ordered a specialty salad. My companion chose the salad with grilled chicken and oriental noodles, plus a cup of their seafood chowder. I opted for the crispy chicken salad. Both salads were enormous--after a half hour of steady eating, my companion still had a plate full of greens. I could not finish mine, either. The chowder was tasty, albeit quite salty and thickened. Warm dinner rolls are included with the meal.

At one point, the attentive server had to leave the dining room to assist in another area of the restaurant. She stopped by our table, asked if we needed anything, and advised us she would be unavailable for about 5-10 minutes, and asked, was that OK with us – did we need anything before she attended to her other task? We were impressed, because we have been kept waiting more than once, wondering what happened to the server.

We have had lunch here before; the portions were enormous then, too. This is not a place for haute cuisine or elegant dining, but if you are hungry, you will get filled up here.

5  Thank StarWeez
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went here for Father's Day breakfast. Our waitress brought us coffee and then told us she had to deliver food to a large party and would be back in a few minutes to take our order. it was about 20 minutes before she came back. It took another 20-25 minutes for our food to arrive - lukewarm and overcooked. I suspect it had been sitting under the heat lamps for a while before she brought it. When my daughter asked for more coffee, the waitress insisted she had already brought her more. Since they advertise a "bottomless cup of coffee," you'd think they'd just bring it.

1  Thank GinnaS
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stopped in on a Sunday morning for breakfast. My husband ordered an omelet and did not realize it was a 6 egg omelet, it was enormous! We love a good value, but nobody needs a 6 egg omelet. I ordered One eyed jacks- which is grilled french bread with an egg in the middle. Both breakfasts were decent. I would rather have smaller portions with higher quality food. We wrapped up at least 1/2 of each breakfast because it was just way to much. Our waitress was very nice and efficient. The decor is old, dated and in need of a good scrubbing. I am not in any rush to go back.

1  Thank w81minute