“Wait staff was great, but the food was terrible...”

Strafford Farms Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“Wait staff was great, but the food was terrible...”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great wait staff, menu looked really good and my Dad said that it use to be a good restaurant. The turkey soup was poor/below average, the mashed potatoes did not taste right??? The gravy they put on the potatoes was all flour, the haddock au-gratin was lacking in haddock... Really too bad, I always root for the small locally run restaurant, but this place needs a complete re-do! I felt bad for our waitress, other than a couple of locals there was not a lot of traffic here.

I could never recommend this place ;(

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hehasawifeyouknow

Grafton, New York, United States
“Below average”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

As I said to my husband, "My dinner tastes like a home ec cooking project."
Staff was friendly and personable but the menu and the food leave much to be desired.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robin C
Rochester, New Hampshire
“a wasted lunch time”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

it took over an hour to get our food, it wasnt cooked properly, a waste of our timeand money, i would not reccommend strafford farms as a destination, there are fine family dining just down the street.

• Visited February 2013
North Clarendon, Vermont
“Great food”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The whole experience there was great. Food was very tasty, Service was met with a smile and the price was right.

Visited October 2012
Portland, Maine
“Average and pricey, probably won't go back”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went here to catch a friend's band and while the menu looked pretty good online, the food was disappointing and pricey. Both my wife and I ordered the fish chowder which was too heavy on the sauce and too weak on the fish - in fact we found just small pieces of whitefish, none of the Shrimp, scallops, clams listed on the menu. It was overly fishy and my wife could not eat hers. We each had a salad, my wife had the garden salad and I had the Greek salad -both were average and we had no complaints, but they were nothing special. My son had the turkey dinner and his gravy was cool and his vegetables tasted like they had been cooked in cleaning fluid -terrible.

All that aside, the service was good, the band was very enjoyable, the beer was great and the decor/atmosphere very charming.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jswTraveler

Been to Strafford Farms Restaurant? Share your experiences!