“Good PUB Food”

Kelley's Row
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Reminds of Ireland, and loved the flavors with the quantity of the servings were enough to feed two of my kids

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Located a short distance from where we were staying in Durham, our family chose this restaurant for a Friday night dinner. Reservations for our party of 7 were made and accepted by the restaurant.

The meals served were excellent. Prices ranged from $10 to $20 with our group ordering fish & chips, prime rib, shepherd's pie, barbeque pork ribs and swordfish (a special that night). Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. Serving sizes were very large and the service was very good.

Only negative comment I can make about restaurant is that it can become very noisy and difficult to hear other sitting at your table. A part of that was because this restaurant is a very popular destination (crowded) and part of that is because the acoustics inside. Certainly nothing that would keep me from coming back and I would recommend to friends.

4  Thank STM0041
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Their Guinness Stew was pretty good. Definitely a nice place to dine. They have your typical bar food. It is nice to sit outside and dine when the weather permits.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've been to Kelley' s row many times in the past 5 years. The service has always been slow and not too friendly. But the food was always good enough to look past it. The last visit was one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had. 10 minutes before anyone came to our table for a drink order. Another 10 before the drinks came. Food was so slow coming that our waiter came to the table twice to apologize for the wait. When it came, my baked haddock was terrible. I hated send it back since it had taken so long to get it, but it was not edible. So back it went, and i ordered a wrap instead, which was alright but nothing great. All in all we were at kelleys row for 2 hours and it will probably be our last meal there. Dover has a lot of great restaurants to choose from, unfortunately this place is not on our list anymore.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Kelly's is a good pub restaurant in Dover. They have average pub food and a nice bar. It's sometimes strange there because they seat upstairs and downstairs but you never really know which one and why. I have had excellent service all the way to horrible service here. Depends on who is waiting on you and how busy it is. What I do like about Kelly's is that they are up front when they are backed up in the kitchen and they tell you it might be awhile for their food rather than having you sit and wait. It's nice to sit outside in the summer too. It's a good place to go if you want pub food and beers but I agree with other reviewers that it tends to be inconsistent.