“Pull in your oars for Kelley's Row!”
Review of Kelley's Row - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kelley's Row
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Pull in your oars for Kelley's Row!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Looking for atmosphere? Check. Looking for good food? Check. Looking for an easy, central location? Check.

Kelly's Row is located in the heart of Dover in what appears to be an old mill with the aged brick and dark wood. It was perfect for a cold and rainy afternoon; however, they do have outdoor seating on the water (river?) which I can bet is awesome on the right day. We were a couple of old friends catching up and truth-be-told we were not focusing on the menu as much as the company. But good thing we were at Kelly's Row because I'm not sure we could have gone wrong. The meals are hearty and plentiful as any pub in Ireland. I started with a cup of beef stew - and was I glad I did as I seriously considered licking the bowl. The beef melted in my mouth, the potatoes and carrots not overdone which happens a lot with stew. The salads are enough for 2, but tasty enough that you're glad you have one to yourself. We noted on the menu that dessert includes ice cream hand-made in Rhode Island which sounded wonderful; but we were too full to have anything other than a warm cup of coffee to top off our meal. Our server was great and we thank her for her patience as she quietly slipped our food in around us while we laughed about old times.

Great food, service and atmosphere....and don't forget to order the beef stew!

• Visited June 2012

Maine
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great food, nice deck on the river and friendly service!

Visited May 2012
Wells, Maine
“Shepards pie out of this world”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Went here to see a band and dance and was not expecting such good food. I had a salad with grilled chicken that was good but my husband had the shepards pie which is one of their specialties) and it was over the top! We have eaten that dish all over Europe and many places here at home but this was probably the best! They need a larger dance floor so it's not the best spot for dancing but great food!

Visited February 2012
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Really nice find!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Had to return to Dover at lunch on Saturday and was looking for a place to eat with variety. Sat outside by the water which was really pleasant. The server, it was her second day, was attentive and all dishes were good. My husband had a burger, my brother-in-law the stew which was very tasty, I had french onion soup and salad which was a little cooler than I like my soup served but tasty and my sister had a salad which was very tasty. Pleasant surprise. Wound up very satisfied and would definitely return if we are ever in Dover again!. Worth it!

• Visited April 2012
South Berwick, Maine
“Great Deal”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday with dinner and a couple of brews. The atmosphere is fun - rustic brick and beam with a nice looking outdoor deck on the river/falls. The menu has a lot to offer and on Monday's they take 25% off of burgers and beers - What a Deal! The cost before tip for 6 people, all with full meals and alcohol was $80. The veggie burger is delicious as is the OMG Roast Beef Sandwich the my son had and the Buffalo Chicken Wrap. We ate in the pub downstairs but the restaurant looked very nice too. Fun for the whole family.

• Visited April 2012