“Best Lobster Bisque in the NH Seacoast Area”
Review of Fish Shanty - CLOSED

Fish Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Lobster Bisque in the NH Seacoast Area”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I used to live in Dover, and this was a favorite stop 2-3 times a month. In the coldest of winter I would stop and get a quart of lobster bisque to go, and enjoy it at home. Every meal I have had at the Fish Shanty was excellent - well seasoned, well prepared, well presented. The staff are friendly and helpful. I still have family in the area and when I'm back, it's the first place we head. Thanks, Fish Shanty!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Love4Eire

Boston Area
“Fish chowder”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Many to here for the fried fish and French fries. But according to my mother, they have a healthier option. Their seafood chowder is very good and a great option when you go for dinner.

1 Thank Daddyoo
Milton, New Hampshire
“Very nice place, I just ordered the wrong thing”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My hubby had been talking about the lobster bisque at the Fish Shanty for years. So, one day we happened upon the opportunity for me to experience the same for lunch. Very nice atmosphere, nicely thought out.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. And yes, the lobster bisque as a starter was quite good. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

We enjoyed our lunch very much and our waitress was quite relaxed, but very attentive. I'd recommend Fish Shanty to anyone. Just expect to pay a bit more than you would at a chain restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
San Diego
“Great food”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We went to this restaurant after it being suggested when we were staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Paul said this "was the place to go for seafood", and he was correct. The food was outstanding and the service was great. Next time I am in the dover area I was certainly stop in again.

• Visited November 2012
“Good average seafood restaurant.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great service, good large portions. Food was just average for New England, but very fair prices. Although I expected a little more from a New England seafood restaurant, I would eat there again.

Visited December 2012