“College reunion weekend”

Newick's Lobster House
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vienna, Virginia
“College reunion weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My favorite place lobster and fried clams! I never pass-up an opportunity to eat at Newick's. Dining is casual, the service is always great, the view across the bay is wonderful. The prices are excellent.

Visited June 2014

Brooksville
“Not as good as I remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went to the Newick`s restaurant on 06/16/2014 for lunch just the three of us the price was a little high but so are all the seafood prices. I had clam chowder very good, Whole belly fried clams again very good , also haddock,& French fries it was very good. My brother in-law had sea scallops and whole belly Clams . He said one of the clams tasted like it was bad but the rest of the meal was good he did not comment to the waitress. My wife had fried Oysters and Bay scallops she told me the Oysters were very good but she didn't think the Bay scallops were real.
All in all we were satisfied with the service and the meal we will come back when we are in the area again. Florida bound!

1 Thank Andrew C
Alameda, California
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place is huge! If you get lucky enough to get a window seat, you have an excellent view of the water with your meal. To me, the food is average, and the prices are average/a bit pricey. I usually order fried whole clams. I think you can get better ones on the beach if you're willing to go to Maine, but for the location, it's good! It has a nice family atmosphere and people of all ages come here to get some good seafood. If you're in Dover, it's the best seafood you can get.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve C
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Great food and perfect for after the beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We have been going here for years and it continues to be as good as ever. Perfect for after the beach in Hampton because you can take a scenic drive up the coast and then head over to this restaurant on the water.

The inside is huge, but there will still be a wait in season. Don't worry the food is worth the wait. Probably some of the best fries clams ever. Prices on lobsters are okay. Cheaper than up in Maine and they are delicious. My only less than perfect comment is the tiny popcorn shrimp used in the fisherman's platter. Never seen this before and not very good unless you are sharing with kids who don't care.

Absolutely a great family eatery with a beautiful view. Try it as you won't be disappointed.

Somersworth, New Hampshire
“Comforting Consistancy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband, daughter and I took a trip (short trip, because we live in the New Hampshire Seacoast region) to Newick's for lunch today. My husband had a craving for fried whole clams (not clam strips, for heaven's sake. Whole clams are the only way to go, he says), and Newicks always has good clams. Daughter ordered a lobster roll, and I tried the Tuesday Special, which was Fish Tacos. The 'tacos' were rather curious- a soft taco shell with a spoonful of cole slaw (of all things) topped by a fried bit of fish. A strange taco, indeed, but strangely comforting and satisfying. A good lunch at a reliable restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Newick's Lobster House? Share your experiences!