“I like what they have done with the space”
Review of The Spaghetti Stain - CLOSED

The Spaghetti Stain
Cuisines: Italian
Dover, NH
“I like what they have done with the space”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I like what they have done with the space. The food was very good but I found the menu quite limited and expensive. This is not a kid friendly restaurant. They brought my two year old a cup without a lid. They didn't have any.

Visited November 2012

Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Fabulous dinner”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had the best new years eve dinner ever! Excellent food and service. Had the exceptional flounder at a spaghetti restaurant!! Noisy but hey it was New Year's Eve !

1 Thank Tracy W
Dover, New Hampshire
“Bland food - cool space”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A friend and I had a late lunch/early dinner here. She had the sausage with peppers & onions - she said it was good - but not great. I had chicken marsala - the only flavor it had was the salt and pepper I put on it - It was tasteless. I also thought the menu could be a little more varied...especailly with pastas and sauces..may try one more time...

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank mollyonh
New Hampshire
“Tasteless/Expensive Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We went on pasta night and had a new server, (she only had worked here a month!), and she was uniformed on the menu, what came w/meals, etc. The linquine w/meatballs didn't have much taste. We needed to garnish it w/crushed red pepper and black pepper to get some taste. Plus it is expensive and comes w/nothing! The meatballs were stuffed w/filler and were about tasteless. The stairs, as mentioned by another reviewer, are great for cardio but make this impossible for anyone w/restrictions. The view is great for people watching since really all you should get is a snack and beer and watch out the window!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Harry B
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
“Adequate Food and Boring Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First off, there is a walk up a set of stairs to get to the restaurant, which some may have a problem with. Upon entering, I was not impressed by the generic, cheap "dorm" art on the walls. There were large amounts of floor space unused, which made the restaurant feel more like a cafeteria than anything else. The bar was in the middle of the room with no partitions, so it was also very loud. I ordered the chicken marsala, which came as a whole chicken quarter in oil. The claim by the owner is that they serve "authentic" Italian food, which may be true for whichever village they're from, but it did not seem right to me. It wasn't bad, but not what I was expecting. Overall, I wouldn't say I had a bad experience, but with all of the other restaurants in Dover this would not be my choice.

• Visited June 2012