“Totally worth it!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My daughter and I took a chance and tried a different restaurant for a change. We are both happy that we did as this will be our new go to restaurant. We got a pu pu for two, pork lo mein and a chicken fried rice, all were the best we have ever had. We are looking forward to trying some of the great sounding items on their huge menu, everything we had was very fresh tasting with lots of veggies and meats and none of the typical grease... Would recommend by all means, you won't be disappointed.
Good job!

1  Thank Scommanche

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The restaurant which is located in Dover, New Hampshire serves the best Vietnamese food in the state and the owner and staff are very friendly and efficient!!! The restaurant also serves excellent sushi and Chinese dishes. Saigon and Tokyo does not take reservations and it is usually very crowded so that diners should expect a short wait before being seated.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have ordered from here several times. We have never been disappointed in any of the things we have ordered. The menu choices include foods from Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese cuisines. Although we have only ordered Chinese food, several friends have had the other cuisines and rave about them. As I said, we have never eaten in the restaurant but my brother and his girlfriend often eat there and have said that there are always a lot of out of state cars in their tiny parking lot (the parking lot really is tiny so parking can be an issue). There are several Asian restaurants in Dover (though this may be the only one that does food from Vietnam) but this is, by far our favorite.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I have lost count of how many times we've driven an hour from our home to eat either lunch or dinner at Saigon Tokyo. The three cuisines offered - Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese - are equally outstanding. Most often I try the various Ma-ke rolls, and my husband tries different noodle bowls or pan fried noodle dishes (Vietnamese). We tried the egg drop soup one day and found it to be the best we'd ever had (the secret - made with homemade chicken broth). My dad said the sushi is the best he's ever eaten, and he's 86 years old and has spent time in Japan. Each time we go, we talk about what we might try the next time. The food is incredibly fresh, beautifully presented and consistently excellent. We've brought more new people with us to try this restaurant than we have to any other place. The service is attentive and gracious; the owner runs a tight ship. The place is clean and busy - a good sign! If you don't want to wait for dinner, go either early (before 6:00) or late (after 7:30). The same, extensive menu is for lunch and dinner, and the prices are very reasonable for the quality and elegance of the food. I only wish that an Asian restaurant this good was closer to my home, up in the lakes region.

1  Thank KLI12
Reviewed September 24, 2013

You may be surprised at the location. You won't be sorry you stopped in. I have been a fan of Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese food for a long time. I think Vietnamese has the best flavors of them all. So I was thrilled when one opened in Dover and I don't have to travel to MA for some. A variety of Pho soups are a staple for us during the winter. The vermicelli noodle salads are perfect for a hot summer day. They have edamame in the pod as an appetizer. A frappe type drink to try. We enjoy trying new dishes, the owner helps us decide which authentic dishes to try. They have the other 3 ethnic foods to try, but I prefer the Vietnamese flavors. Saigon Tokyo is a 20 mile ride from my home. We make it a destination meal. But as a real estate agent, if I have a showing in Dover, then Vietnamese is on the menu for that day.

1  Thank lin-rob-lem

Been to Saigon Tokyo? Share your experiences!