“Favorite Restaurant in Dover”
Review of The Farm

The Farm
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Dover, New Hampshire
“Favorite Restaurant in Dover”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Lots of ambiance and really good food at reasonable prices. All ages would enjoy this restaurant. Servings are generous, so be prepared to bring home a "doggie" bag!!

Visited October 2012

Oxford, Connecticut
“Seems to have gone downhill”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant before, very inconsistent food and service. Tried it again recently, and given the many choices in the area, won't likely return. Nachos were swimming in BBQ sauce, guacamole looked like it had been sitting around for a while. Had to chase the waitress for various items and drink refills. When we tracked her down she reeked of cigarettes, must have been on a smoke break. For drinks and watching the game it's a decent place, but the variation in food quality and server attention will send us elsewhere when looking for dinner.

1 Thank seacoastNH
dover, nh
“Great Apps Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been to this place many times and between 3 and 6 PM, for Happy Hour, they do cheap beers and half priced appetizers. Their BBQ nachos, Chicken Tenders, and BBQ Pork Sliders are our go to plates. Their Fish and Chips are OK but I don't personally like the breading and the fish is sliced thin. Happy hour beer prices are a steal, and they have a decent selection. Overall, a good place, especially for Dover, where food expectations (and prices) are somewhat lower than in Portsmouth.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank albertgreen
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Marginal Fish & Chips”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Fish was a bit under cooked and soggy and the fries were delivered limp and greasy. The presentation was done as a pile. The beer came in nice Sam Adams beer glasses. The service was prompt and cheerful.

Rouses Point, New York, United States
“A fun night out with great staff”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I cannot speak to the quality of food at The Farm because we only visited during bar hours. My boyfriend and I took a last minute trip to New Hampshire and Maine over Labor Day weekend. We ended up staying in Dover because it was the closest hotel we could book at the last minute. We went out for a little nightlife (which is apparently quite sparse), and ran across "The Farm" finally!! We live in New York State so the bars close much later here than in Dover. We had stopped at another local establishment recommended by our taxi driver, and upon our arrival, we waited in an empty bar for service for ten minutes before finally walking through the place to find the bartender hanging out with friends outside on a deck. Even though we explained that we had just paid $20.00 for a cab, the bartender refused to serve us anything because they were "closed"...with all the doors open and lights on?? I'm amazed they don't get robbed because there was was nobody near the bar at all and wish I could remember the name of the place to write a negative review! Anyway, we walked from there to find "The Farm" and were pleasantly surprised! The outside deck was very nice with candle lit tables overlooking the river. The place was not crowded at all so we had a chance to speak with the bartender. She was so friendly! I used to bartend while I was in college so I was curious about one of their specialty drinks called the Pop Rocks Martini. It was amazing! She even gave me the recipe to bring back home! If you want to have a cocktail while you're in Dover, I would definitely recommend "The Farm". The staff gave us a wonderful experience! We will be definitely back if we visit the area again!!

• Visited September 2012

Been to The Farm? Share your experiences!