“Good Food, Affordable Meal”

Weathervane Seafood Restaurants
Ranked #25 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had a coupon for free onion rings(can't turn that down) so we decide to stop in. We have had up and down results here lately so we were a little hesitant. We decide to split a fried seafood platter so we would have room for dessert next door at Goldlick's. I was very happy as it appeared the meal had been cooked a little longer so everything was nice and crunchy. The onion rings were great as usual, the haddock & shrimp were very tasty. The bay scallops, which usually are kind of mushy and small( I prefer sea scallops) were actually a good size and crispy. The only thing that suffered from the extra cooking time were the clam strips, it made them a bit chewy. The cole slaw needs work, very dry and tasteless. The place was packed so our waiter was running a bit ragged but he was trying and the hostess was very helpful and friendly. The portion was pretty good considering we only ordered the fried seafood plate and not the Admiral's Platter, that can be quite large. Overall a pretty good visit, traditionally we prefer here to several other local seafood establishments and we weren't let down on this visit

Reviewed July 15, 2014

For a local spot with reasonable prices, it would be hard to beat this restaurant that has ben a favorite with locals or many years, The fish and chips with the choice of fries, baked potato or wonderful fresh veggies would be hard to beat at any price but at $8.95 it is a steal. Onion rings are also available at an additional charge but unless you are very hungry, they are a little too much. They have a reward card which accumulates points toward credits that can be applied to your bill.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great value for your money....great specials......great sea scallops never disappointed. Always fresh, tasty & good!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had dinner here with my Daughter and Grandson on Friday night. We got there just in time as it filled up quickly (a good sign).
We ordered the Pa's Onion Rings for the table, they were plentiful and great tasting.
My wife and I each ordered the half and half fried oysters and clams, very fresh and cooked to perfection. Our Daughter ordered the sirloin tips with asparagus spears which she said was very good. Our Grandson had the kids portion of Lobster Claws which he devoured, so it must have been good.
The bottom line here is:
The food is expensive, However, when it comes to fresh seafood, you get what you pay for.
I would come here again, But, due to the cost it would be sparingly.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My first visit but my friend goes at least once a week...they know her & make her a wonderful dish that is not on the menu...how nice ! I ordered a lobster roll that was good but needed some more seasoning...not just the mayo that it came with. Super friendly servers & very clean & comfortable.