“BEST place in town, hands down!”

Christopher's Third Street Grille
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Christopher W. Lund, propriétaire/chef exécutif Steak, Fish and Seafood
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My fiance and I have lived in Dover for the past 3 years, and we love to go out to eat---we have tried every place in town and when we discovered Christopher's we knew we had found the one. I distinctly remember sitting at the bar with my fiance, we were surrounded by regulars (the staff knew their names, drinks, usual food orders, the works!), we turned to each other and said let's become regulars here! And that was that, ever since then we have gone almost every weekend and often 2-3 times a week.

The food is absolutely phenomenal! We have never had a bad meal, brunch, lunch, or dinner! I highly recommend the Pecan Encrusted Chicken for dinner or the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad for lunch. My fiance would most likely tell you that their Pork Chops or Prime Rib (only served on the weekends) is his favorite along with any of the steaks on the menu.

The drinks are always made right, enough alcohol without being TOO strong. We are big on martinis and Jen always makes them to perfection. Their bar prices are very reasonable and they always have a variety of new special drinks along with their own infused alcohol---yum!

Sarah, the General Manager, is so good to us along with all guests. Every night we are in she is visiting with every table, ensuring quality food and service! If we have ever had a problem (which are few and far between) she has taken care of us.

We have brought our closest friends here along with family and any out of town guests. It is our go-to spot and everyone has always loved the experience! The night my fiance and I got engaged both of our families were waiting at Christopher's to celebrate with us and I could not have thought of a better place for such an occasion.

The staff is always friendly and I am extremely proud to say I am a regular at Christopher's! Without a doubt, Christopher's is a must try in Dover, I highly recommend you do so.

1  Thank tinytaitel

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The dining landscape In Dover can be mediocre at best. Christopher's however does not fit that description. In the past three years my husband and I have frequented Christophers literally at least three times a week, Friday night being our consistent night. Not once in that time have we ever been served a bad meal, or have bad service, no matter how busy the restaurant may become. On the contrary we have found the waitstaff, as well as the owner himself to be more than accommodating on many occasions. I would highly recommend Christopher's to everyone I know, and as a matter of fact I have. If you truly want an A-one dining experience Christopher's would be my choice.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Best food in Dover hands down! Service is second to none and they treat you like family, highly recommend the steak salad

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After visiting my family in Maine we always stop at Christopher's. The food always is amazing!! I just ate there Saturday and Tues this week. I actually ordered an extra entree to take home, just I could enjoy again!! The service was wonderful, friendly and helpful. I was actually there Saturday night as well and after reading the review by "kjp57" I found myself frustrated feeling I had to defend this restaurant bc what she is saying is simply NOT true. I have dinned at this restaurant many of times and speak only from experience. Whenever I had to send something back (which was only one time) the staff made sure they did everything to remedy the problem as well as the Manager came out several times to make sure I was satisfied. I must say that review is a load of CRAP! I was there for most of the night Saturday eating in the dinning room with my family and at time the she describes the place was so busy we had to wait to be seated while they cleared our table. So I question how could they have not been greeted, when EVERYONE had to wait to be seated? Or how could the staff be texting when they were so busy running around making sure EVERYONE was satisfied, taking orders and delivering food?! There was no time to text.
The food has and always is wonderful. If EVER there was or has been a problem with my food at ANY restaurant I always MAKE sure to ask for the MANAGER. (No even just at restaurants, if I have issues with service of any type I find a manger to fix the problem.)
The staff at Christopher's has always made sure that we were always happy while we were there and upon leaving, I just know they would have done the same for her and her family had she spoken up. If they had such a problem why did they not ask for a manager? Why would they wait to hide behind a computer? (Maybe she was just having a bad day or an ex disgruntled employee that left on bad terms) The Christopher's she described does not exist. My family, friends and myself have never had a problem with service or food at that location and that is why I am taking the time to write this review. Its a wonderful restaurant with great food and ambiance. You definitely need to try it for yourself!!
As for prices there prices are fair, the only time my bill has been high was if I was drinking. SO I FIND it hard to believe that only two entrees, ONE appetizer (remember one was comped) could be over 100.00. That's simply absurd. Go online and look at their menu you will see what I'm saying.
As for their food I've never ordered anything I did not enjoy.
I always try different entrees and love them all...Let me recommend the Pan Seared Scallops, Pecan chicken its sweet and salty all at the same time its like having desert for dinner, mm simply divine!! My other favorite is the third street steak salad that is also amazing and a healthy choice!!
I def recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves seafood and fresh cut steaks!! MMM yummy!! We will be dining there again today and I can't wait!!
I recommend this restaurant to everyone.... It has a great feel, fair prices amazing food and awesome drinks!! Go find out for yourself and I am sure you will be just as satisfied as I am!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I can say without hesitation that the food we had at Christopher's last night was hands down the worst food I have ever been served. My boyfriend's parents were up for the night and we wanted to take them somewhere nice for dinner, but ended up with more of a comedy of a night.

The Service:
We came in at about 7:15 for our dinner and weren't greeted. Our server was very dry and didn't introduce herself, and took over five minutes to get our waters when the place was empty besides us. When she came back, she didn't ask us what else we wanted to drink. She and the other servers were at the bar throughout our entire meal, texting. They also put all the chairs up on the other tables before we were even served our entrees.

The Appetizers:
We ordered the mussels and bruschetta: the mussels were spoiled. Rotten. And the broth was thin and tasteless, with bad tomatoes in them that clearly sat in the broth for a long time. We sent them back and were comped for them, but the waitress just said, "oh sorry" and never spoke of them again. The bruschetta also seemed old and the bread was soggy.

The Meals:

Each of us shared a meal and got the seafood grille plate (shrimp on skewers, scallops, and salmon), and my boyfriend's parents shared the pork chop plate. We also got a side salad.

Side salad:
The carrots on top were old and off-color, and the dressing (lite Italian) was pretty much just oil with no italian herbs/spices. Hardly even any vinegar!

The scallops:
Clearly frozen from a bag, rubbery/mushy. You might wonder how they could be rubbery and mushy at the same time, but go taste them and you'll see that it is possible. One of the scallops was also the size of a nickel.

The shrimp:
Also frozen from a bag, overcooked, and extremely salty. Over-salted food is a main indicator of bad food.

The salmon:
Absolutely inedible. This salmon was SO salty that we could NOT eat it. It was also overcooked and mostly grey, not pink. We were served a bad part of the fish that looked like it was smashed on the grill with a frying pan. Absolutely disgusting.

The mashed potatoes:
I was about halfway through the mashed potatoes when I bit into a tiny pebble. This was the last straw and I was done with the meal. After I mentioned the pebble, my boyfriend told me he had already come across two of them. As if they scraped the mashed potatoes off of the floor.

The green beans:
These were good!

The pork chops:
Mediocre. The dipping sauce was terrible, however. Tasted like bouillon cubes and pepper.

The baked potato:
This was fine, too.

When we were finished with our meal, plates still full with food because we didn't eat much, the waitress came back and said, "would you like me to box that up for you?"..... after we were SHARING meals. Then she asked if we "saved room for dessert".

I will never go back to this restaurant again. Hopefully it was just a bad night, but it was literally the worst food I have ever eaten, and it was a $100 bill. Good luck to anyone who decides to venture there. Applebees honestly has better food than they do, for half the price.

Been to Christopher's Third Street Grille? Share your experiences!