“First time great-Will definitely return!”

Christopher's Third Street Grille
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Christopher W. Lund, propriétaire/chef exécutif Steak, Fish and Seafood
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went there last night with my wife and had a wonderful dinner. I had the pork chop porterhouse and my wife had the vegetable ravioli. Both dishes were magnificent and full of flavor. Our waitress was attentive and helpful and the price is extremely reasonable for the quality of the food. I highly recommend Christophers.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I visited Christopher's Third Street Grille on two consecutive nights, as one of a couple, and again with a group. The atmosphere is nice, the wait staff friendly and attentive; although maybe over attentive, as in "hurry up and order, please"! but nice about it just the same.

I had the grilled salmon. The portion was mostly cooked to perfection, except the edge, which was a bit overdone. The portion size was substantial, so it didn't matter that I couldn't eat the entire piece. The mashed potatoes were lovely, and the side salad crisp and green, although small. They did accommodate my request for dressing on the side, and weren't annoyed that we did linger for a couple of hours, although the dining room wasn't full.

On the second evening, I had the barbeque flat bread pizza. It was big, hot and tasty, although I chomped down on a piece of cardboard within the pizza that wasn't particularly appetizing. I was with a group of friends, so I didn't make a fuss, but Ewww! The cocktails were reasonably priced and well-mixed and the staff (and fellow diners) were quite tolerant of our boisterous group, so the night was fun, just the same.

For the price and the location, this is a very good eatery for both couples and groups, and I would recommend it if you haven't tried it before. Parking is along and across the street, but if you arrive before 7, you have to pay .75 per hour to park. As for me, it's the little things that keep me from returning if the food and service weren't both consistently outstanding. With so many dining options within the seacoast, restaurants have to be spot on all the time, I've tried it, I liked it, but it probably won't be on my list of regular dining spots.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've been to Christoper's many times, and it's always very satisfying. Whether you're stopping in the lounge for a drink and appetizer, or a full meal, the food is always delicious and well made. The dining area feels a little blah the way that it's set up, but the food is worth it.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I met friends here on Friday night. They enjoy going to Christopher's and wanted to meet us for dinner. We waited in the bar for our table as it was pretty busy, I'd say we waited about 20 to 30 minutes for our table. We were seated at a round table that I normally wouldn't have sat at as it was on the direct path to the bathrooms and my view was watching people come and go, not ideal. My wife and I split an appetizer of scallops wrapped in bacon, the scallops were a little overdone, but tasted good. I had Chicken Oregano, the first thing I noticed was, there were two very small pieces of chicken, everyone in our party remarked at how fast I finished, I didn't let on that I didn't have nearly enough to eat. Each piece of chicken was about 2" around. I was juicy and tasty though. My wife had Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast, lots of people have raved about this dish, her's was pounded fairly thin with a heavy crust, the chicken was overdone and dry and it was obviously overcooked (almost black), she did not send it back. She did get two larger portions of chicken though. She ate one and left the other, we were asked by our waitperson if we'd like to take it home, I said yes but left it behind on the table. Not sure we'll go back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We found this place because my sister lives in town but we were viewumg tripadvisor review. Very nice ambiance and our waitress jamie did a great job. We had two French onion soups and the soup was just luke warm - one bean soup that was excellent and would have this next time - I just had the full salad w crumbled blue cheese w balsamic vin very fresh and very good - steaks were yummy and one burger salad which she loved. No dessert. Dinner for four 133 before tip. The only negative is nana fell down the steps on the way out - law suit waiting to happen. Thanks for a great meal and Jamie did an awesome job.