“Just OK”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are nice. Housekeeping is a bit lax. We had a pillow with blood spots on it. There was a crumpled napkin on the hallway floor for several days and a pile of dirty sheets left outside our room for a full day. We'll probably try one of the other hotels in Dover on our next stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and your valuable insight with me. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I assure you that I have addressed your concerns and observations with housekeeping department and have taken necessary measurements to address them. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I may do to amend your recent experience. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

General Manager.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

we just return from the Homewood Suites In Dover HN
We always stay in this area for our holiday at beach in Hampton ,we enjoy this and not the huff and puff on Hampton Beach Area.
As for the hotel it has all we are looking for in a hotel, very clean ,a lot of room ,breakfast and diner as others have mention. We had an issue and Mr. Vic Patel general manager promptly resolved the issue,I feel sorry it happen We will being returning in August with my Daughter and her family for an other beach and shopping vacation can't wait even if I just returned home. The best hotel in this area thank you .

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

What an amazing recommendation! Thank you for taking time to share you experience of Homewood Suites Dover. As we strive to exceed expectation of our guests, I am pleased to know we were able to make your stay more enjoyable and were able earn your loyalty. As we look forward to seeing you in August, Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my teenaged daughter and her friend. The girls and I were very impressed with the hotel. The one bedroom suite was spacious, had a full kitchen with dishwasher, all necessary utensils, and even a welcome basket with popcorn. The suite had two flat screen TVs, quality linens and towels and a roomy bathroom as well.

In the lobby you could always find complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa, fresh fruit and even complimentary fruit infused water. They also have a "suite shop" where you can purchase various snacks and other sundries.

We also really enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub and pretty much had it to ourselves during our stay. The hot tub was the perfect temperature and so relaxing!

The breakfast buffet was extensive and included various hot dishes such as sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles and also fresh fruit, pastries, scones, yogurt, assorted cereals, bagels, etc. We were particularly impressed with the full dinner served on Monday night. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday and we had a choice of a vegetarian pasta dish or a chicken pasta dish. They also had a full salad bar, garlic bread, and dessert. Complimentary wine and beer is also available. Wow!

On Monday we went to York's Wild Kingdom and to York Beach which was only about 15 miles away. It was very enjoyable in an old school kind of way and the girls had a great time. They particularly liked the animal encounters (especially the deer) and the old fashioned fun houses, Ferris wheel facing the beach, and go karts. Also, be sure to visit the famous Goldenrod Restaurant where they make the most awesome salt water taffy on machines right in the front windows.

Thank you Homewood Suites. We had a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hello Carol,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comprehensive feedback of Homewood Suites Dover. I am excited to know that your family and friends had such fantastic stay. As I look forward to sharing your amazing experience with our team, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have extraordinary day!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel itself was clean, well run, quiet and gave us easy access to the highway. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thurs). We had very busy days and it was nice to come back to the hotel in the evening and have a quiet, self- serve dinner, that we could eat in the dining area or bring back to our room. The hotel provides the menu in advance so you can plan accordingly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We truly appreciate your feedback of Homewood Suites. I am delighted to know that our hotel location and amenities were well suited for your leisure getaway. As we hope to see you in future, please feel free to contact me directly, if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for either business or non-business stays. The restaurant across the parking area - Margarita's - is a very pleasant dining experience and the staff is as friendly as the HS staff. This is a "keeper"!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for taking time to share your pleasant experience of Homewood Suites Dover. I am excited to you know that our staff made your stay more memorable. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Homewood Suites in Dover, NH is a perfect choice for anyone visiting the Dover/Portsmouth/Durham area of NH. Clean and comfortable hotel with a very friendly staff. The hotel is 5 minutes from downtown Dover, 10 minutes from Durham/Univ. of NH, and 15 minutes from Portsmouth. We had a 1 bdrm. suite that was large, comfortable, clean and fully equipped if you want to prepare food in your room. There were 2 flat screen TVs. We enjoyed breakfast each day which consisted of multiple hot choices, fresh fruits, several choices of juice, pastries, etc. (serving and dining areas were very well managed).

There were only two items I noted during the stay which could be improved upon: (1) the business center should be equipped with more than one computer; (2) the mattress in our suite didn't provide the support I prefer and would collapse when you sat on the edge.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: All locations are fine. Hotel is perpendicular to the road, so all views are satisfactory. Rooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Alan,

Many thanks for taking to time share you recommendations of Homewood Suites Dover. As we truly value your insight, I am pleased to inform you that we do now have second computer in our business center which was not available during it was being repaired and I also had asked to our maintenance department to look into your concerns regarding mattress. I am glad to learn that your overall stay was very pleasant. As we hope to see you in future, please feel free to contact us if there is anything I may assist you with.

General Manager.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very nice hotel. Services and Amenities are adequate. Friendly staff. Fitness center is a bit small though. Small pool area. A cheaper alternative if you are visiting Portsmouth NH or points in Maine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and recommendation of Homewood Suites Dover. We are pleased that our service and amenities were adequate for your stay and you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Vic Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!