“Great Place, Great Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oxford
“Great Place, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at several Homewood Suites in the NH/ME area over the past (3) years and have never been disappointed. We stayed at this Homewood Suite in Dover, NH the week of 4/22/13 and it is at the top of our list. The Staff were friendly and helpful; the place was very clean; the complimentary Breakfast/dinners served Monday to Thursday were good and it is only (10) minutes from Portsmouth Shopping and village touring
Our room was a Kingbed/Studio/ Non-Smoking. It included a full kitchen/computer work area/small dining table for (2) and sitting area with couch and TV. The room was very clean, spacious and quiet. Great value for the money. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel in the fall. Ritchie and Ginny

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share feedback with us. We are excited to learn that our Homewood Suites Dover is your top favorite choice in the NH/ME Seacoast region. As we look forward to your future visits, please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and Have an Extraordinary Day!

Vic Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Was away from home for 3 months and had the pleasure of staying here. Not only were the rooms and facilities clean and classy, the staff constantly goes above and beyond. The manager Vic goes out of his way to great guests in the dining room and facilities. The front desk staff Alissa, Stacey, Jossalyn, and Ab greeted us every evening with a smile and by name. They also took the time to help acclimate us to this new area. Housekeeping staff Melissa and Rabi made coming home every a treat. It was refreshing coming back to a spotless room. If you are ever traveling to the Dover area the homewood suites is a must!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
What a splendid recommendation! Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are very pleased that we made your stay away from home more pleasant. I will personally pass on your appreciation to our team. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!
New Ipswich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a clean hotel. Plenty of room in a two bedroom suite. Breakfast was average. It is about 1/2 hour to beaches in Maine. Less than 20 minutes to the Fox Run Mall. Nice pool and hot tub area. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and choosing Homewood Suites Dover for your weekend getaway. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future visits.
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

stayed a couple of nights at this hotel on business. Rooms are nice with kitchens. A good thing because there is not much nearby in terms of stores or restaurants except one Mexican restaurant across the parking lot.
Lobby is nicely done with a fireplace and reception was quick and friendly. They provide a breakfast which is ok and a supper each night which wasn't bad at all. If I recall the night I ate there it was a fettucinne (?) with chicken and beer and wine which is fine by me.
Only complain with room is the kitchen floor which is laminate, I could hear my neighbors heels as if she was in my room.

One disturbing trend I ma noticing is the poor quality movie channel. For $16 to $20 I expect to be able to see the movie with no distractions. At the Hilton Woodhouse, the movie screen kept going blank every minute or two before continuing which was annoying to say the least. As well, they posted a white LI on the right side of the screen throughout the entire movie, very annoying! I think it was their version of "digitally identifying" the movie for forensic purposes. If so, they could find another way without annoying the hell out of their patrons.

Room Tip: I was across from the elevator but never heard any noise.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and your concerns with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. As we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations, I assure that we have taken all necessary measurement to address your concerns. As we look forward to see you again in future, please feel free to contact me at anytime if there is anything I else I may assist you with.
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Homewood Suites Dover provides amazing service that exceeds expectations of most travelers. The staff goes beyond the norm to make sure all guests are happy. No matter why you need to be in the NH Seacoast area, this hotel will meet your needs.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

What an incredible notion! We are truly honored by your gratitude. We appreciate you taking to share your amazing experience. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!
Spofford, NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our family stayed at the Dover Homewood suites for three nights in April 2013. We have stayed at other Homewood Suites in San Jose+Dallas. The lobby is stark without any decoration or amenities to facilitate a welcoming decor. Our room was not cleaned on Sunday at all. When we returned after a long day, the person at the desk brought us clean towels, we made our own beds. The night we arrived we asked for additional silverware and another chair so we could eat supper-it took two hours to get the chair, the silverware never arrived.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking to share your feedback with us. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experience during your stay As I have addressed your concerns in length during your stay with us, these types of issues are certainly indication of high standards that we strive to achieve. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!
Williston, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Fantastic Hotel. However, it has the ugliest and most uncomfortable couches I've seen. Other than that the room and staff are great! The couches actually really make the room look far less nice than it should. They are stiff, cold, brown, slippery, leather couches. They look like they should be in a basement with a card table, a shag carpet, and wood paneling on the walls like in 1978. I actually refuse to use the living room in my suite everytime I go because that couch is so uncomfortable. I just stay in the bedroom where everything is nice looking and up to date.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Homewood Suites Dover. As we thrive to exceed our guest’s expectation, we will certainly consider your valuable insight in future upgrades. As we hope to see you in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 5 in Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Express Durham

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!