“Grandma and Granddaughter getaway”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would just like to say, we had an awesome time. The staff was amazing and tended to any needs we had. Tiffany, was so great when it came to breakfast and making sure everything was in place and we had all we needed. Jocelyn, was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Alissa was also extremely helpful and handled what I would say as a rough crowd very professionally. We enjoyed our stay a lot and loved the hotel. All in all a great time. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others as well as stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Many Thanks for sharing your amazing experience and recommendation. We are very pleased that you and your granddaughter had such a great time during your stay with us. I have personally shared your annotations with our team and have commended them. As we look forward to see you in future, please feel free to contact me directly, if there is anything else I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Friendly staff and clean, comfortable room. Just a few quirks. One being the internet connection. We were watching a movie on Flixster but it kept stopping every few seconds and sometimes would be frozen for up to a minute. Very frustrating! As the evening progressed, the issue seemed to resolve itself. I am assuming fewer guests were using the internet, freeing up some bandwidth. The other quirk is a pet peeve of mine: keeping the opened/used lotion, shampoo and/or conditioner bottles in the room, rather than supplying clean unopened ones. This happens most often with the lotion. It's not a huge deal and certainly could ask for a fresh bottle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. As we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations, I assure that we have taken all necessary measurement to address your concerns. As we look forward to see you again in future, please feel free to contact me at anytime if there is anything I else I may assist you with.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff here, as so many others have mentioned, were fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable, and we were very pleased with our time there! We'll be staying again end of next week and I will recommend this to all of our family and friends who come to visit us in Dover!

Specifics: We stayed in a King one bedroom. We were on the third floor and didn't have any trouble with noise above, below, or without. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was VERY large, and while the light wasn't fantastic, it was clean and the water pressure in the shower was nice. The closet was in the bathroom, and was a bit strange as the hangers wouldn't fit in without being knocked off the rack when the door closes (so hanging things and closing the doors was a challenge), but that was a small issue.

Our 9 mo daughter was with us, and the staff provided us with a nice, clean, sturdy pack n' play for her to use and we placed her in the living area of the room (so we could close the door and let her sleep while we read, etc). This was a great set up! We enjoyed free bottled water, decent in-room coffee, and free newspapers. We were there over a weekend and sampled the free breakfast- it wasn't our thing so we ran to Panera just down the road, but they had good options and people seemed to enjoy it.

Overall it was great, and we're looking forward to trying out the dinners and pool on our next stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your commendation and your experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. We are thrilled that we made your stay more pleasurable and earned your loyalty. As we look forward to seeing in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My parents have stayed here every time they visited me during my time at UNH. I've even stayed here a few nights when I wanted a night out of the dorms for some peace and quiet. It's really nice inside. Quiet, spacious rooms. The breakfast in the morning is also very good. And it's right next to Margarita's so you don't have to travel far for dinner!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for sharing your feedback. It is an honor to receive such a shining recommendation. We are pleased that every time you and your family had a pleasant stay at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. As we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the Dover Homewood Suites with my grandchildren as we traveled back from a few days in North Conway, NH. Dover was a nice “pit stop” for us to break up the trip home. We have stayed at Homewood Suites before and have been happy with the hotel. This one did not disappoint. Check-in was pleasant and we got our gear up to the room before changing into bathing suits and heading to the pool for a nice swim - always a hit with my grandchildren! Complimentary dinner was delicious & much appreciated! Even my granddaughter, who can be picky, ate every bite of her ravioli & lots of garlic bread! Although we got mixed up and arrived a few minutes after breakfast was “over”, there was still most of the buffet available to us. The staff was very accommodating - many thanks!! My only negative about our stay is that the pull-out couch was VERY uncomfortable! Fortunately, I am a pretty good sleeper, but that mattress was really horrid!!! Otherwise, our stay was very pleasant. Thanks to the Dover Homewood Suites staff!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are excited that you and your grandchildren had such a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. I have passed your gratitude to our entire team and have commended them on their excellent performance. As we look forward to seeing you in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed at Homewood Suites Hotel in Delaware before so was familiar with the chain and always found it to be a good choice. Our trip this time was not disappointing and the service was very professional and excellent. The location was ideal and the staff extremely thoughtful and nice. The room was very nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share such positive feedback about your experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. We are thrilled that we made your stay enjoyable and feel honored as you chose to celebrate your special day with us. As we look forward to seeing you in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have stayed at different Homewood Suites Hotel before, so we decided to try this location as well. Once again, we were very pleased with our accommodations, the friendly staff, and the quality of the complimentary breakfast and supper. Homewood Suites by Hilton offers a free breakfast and early evening meal as part of their room reservations. A variety of foods are provided at each meal, so that it is unlikely anyone would leave hungry. These complimentary meals are a great bargain for any family traveling with children, and certainly help with the family budget. The young ladies managing the kitchen area were very couteous and made sure that we had everything we needed...Thanks Tiffany !!. A clean, spacious room, free internet, exercise room, business room, nice pool, ample parking, and free food???? Homewood Suites by Hilton is hard to pass this up!! You'd be wise to at least check it out.

Room Tip: The suites offer king size beds, pull out sleeper couch, a full kitchen, TV and free wireless intern...