“Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bavaria, Germany
“Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great stay”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff here, as so many others have mentioned, were fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable, and we were very pleased with our time there! We'll be staying again end of next week and I will recommend this to all of our family and friends who come to visit us in Dover!

Specifics: We stayed in a King one bedroom. We were on the third floor and didn't have any trouble with noise above, below, or without. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was VERY large, and while the light wasn't fantastic, it was clean and the water pressure in the shower was nice. The closet was in the bathroom, and was a bit strange as the hangers wouldn't fit in without being knocked off the rack when the door closes (so hanging things and closing the doors was a challenge), but that was a small issue.

Our 9 mo daughter was with us, and the staff provided us with a nice, clean, sturdy pack n' play for her to use and we placed her in the living area of the room (so we could close the door and let her sleep while we read, etc). This was a great set up! We enjoyed free bottled water, decent in-room coffee, and free newspapers. We were there over a weekend and sampled the free breakfast- it wasn't our thing so we ran to Panera just down the road, but they had good options and people seemed to enjoy it.

Overall it was great, and we're looking forward to trying out the dinners and pool on our next stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your commendation and your experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. We are thrilled that we made your stay more pleasurable and earned your loyalty. As we look forward to seeing in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My parents have stayed here every time they visited me during my time at UNH. I've even stayed here a few nights when I wanted a night out of the dorms for some peace and quiet. It's really nice inside. Quiet, spacious rooms. The breakfast in the morning is also very good. And it's right next to Margarita's so you don't have to travel far for dinner!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for sharing your feedback. It is an honor to receive such a shining recommendation. We are pleased that every time you and your family had a pleasant stay at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. As we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the Dover Homewood Suites with my grandchildren as we traveled back from a few days in North Conway, NH. Dover was a nice “pit stop” for us to break up the trip home. We have stayed at Homewood Suites before and have been happy with the hotel. This one did not disappoint. Check-in was pleasant and we got our gear up to the room before changing into bathing suits and heading to the pool for a nice swim - always a hit with my grandchildren! Complimentary dinner was delicious & much appreciated! Even my granddaughter, who can be picky, ate every bite of her ravioli & lots of garlic bread! Although we got mixed up and arrived a few minutes after breakfast was “over”, there was still most of the buffet available to us. The staff was very accommodating - many thanks!! My only negative about our stay is that the pull-out couch was VERY uncomfortable! Fortunately, I am a pretty good sleeper, but that mattress was really horrid!!! Otherwise, our stay was very pleasant. Thanks to the Dover Homewood Suites staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are excited that you and your grandchildren had such a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. I have passed your gratitude to our entire team and have commended them on their excellent performance. As we look forward to seeing you in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed at Homewood Suites Hotel in Delaware before so was familiar with the chain and always found it to be a good choice. Our trip this time was not disappointing and the service was very professional and excellent. The location was ideal and the staff extremely thoughtful and nice. The room was very nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share such positive feedback about your experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. We are thrilled that we made your stay enjoyable and feel honored as you chose to celebrate your special day with us. As we look forward to seeing you in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!
Athol, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have stayed at different Homewood Suites Hotel before, so we decided to try this location as well. Once again, we were very pleased with our accommodations, the friendly staff, and the quality of the complimentary breakfast and supper. Homewood Suites by Hilton offers a free breakfast and early evening meal as part of their room reservations. A variety of foods are provided at each meal, so that it is unlikely anyone would leave hungry. These complimentary meals are a great bargain for any family traveling with children, and certainly help with the family budget. The young ladies managing the kitchen area were very couteous and made sure that we had everything we needed...Thanks Tiffany !!. A clean, spacious room, free internet, exercise room, business room, nice pool, ample parking, and free food???? Homewood Suites by Hilton is hard to pass this up!! You'd be wise to at least check it out.

Room Tip: The suites offer king size beds, pull out sleeper couch, a full kitchen, TV and free wireless intern...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your incredible experience at our Homewood Suites Dover. I am thrilled that our team made your stay more pleasurable and exceeded your expectations. I will certainly convey your appreciation to all associates especially to Tiffany. As we look forward to seeing you in the near future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with.

Vic Patel, General Manager
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here this past Thursday through Sunday. When we got there we were surprised to see that it shared the parking lot with Margaritas Mexican restaurant. I guess I didn't see that in the reviews when I was checking the hotel out on Tripadvisor. It's not a bad thing because you don't need to drive any where if you want to eat Mexican food or have a few drinks. The hotel is newer looking on the inside and outside, we stayed on the first floor and there is 4 floors to the place. When we got there we were a few hours early and were able to check in,the girl working at the desk (Hilary) was very nice and told us a few places to go for lunch. The room itself was nice and very clean, the only thing I didn't like about it was the bathroom. It was VERY small,there was no tub just a shower stall, and the toilet was so close to the wall you have to actually take the roll of toilet paper off the wall to use it. I'm not sure about the other rooms but this rooms bathroom was like that.The other thing I was a bit concerned about was the front desk people at night didn't seem to be around to much,I went looking for the ice machine and a place that delivers pizza and there was no one to be found? I happen to see a guest waiting for someone also and he knew where the ice machine was, it's on the second floor, none on the first, so when I came down from getting the ice and the desk clerk was there finally. The hotel does have a good daily breakfast, and the rooms are clean, just make sure to ask to see the room to make sure it's what your looking for. Dover NH is nice but not a lot to do, we traveled a lot during the day to find things to do. I will review Margaritas on Tripadvisor so if your looking to go there while in Dover, you can see our experience there too.

Room Tip: Check the room to make sure the bathrooms bigger then a closet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are glad that your enjoyed your stay apart from the small bathroom. I will personally pass on your gratitude to Hillary for her excellent service. I truly apologize for your wait since I was working at the desk and was away from the desk assisting another guest. As we hope to see you future, please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I may assist you with.
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was out visiting friends and family just before Christmas and needed a place to stay. I ended up at the Homewood suites and am glad I did so. Upon checking in a smiling Stacy greeted and welcomed me to the property and answered quite a few questions I had. The place was nice and clean and had a nice holiday feeling to it. The room was nice, a bit small, but it was cleaned nice and everything was in order. I didn't get a chance to use the pool but it looked very clean and well maintained. After sleeping on a comfortable mattress all night, I went to get breakfast and realized I was early. So I thought I would just kind of sit in the lobby. When I got downstairs Alisa was there to greet me with a big smile and a warm breakfast. She said she likes to get it ready a little early for the early birds. I am an early bird so I appreciated it immensely. After filling up on the hot breakfast and coffee I headed up to my room and checked out. I recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. They also serve dinner during the week which is a great bonus for any travelers in the area. Thank You Stacy & Alisa for their great smiles and warm welcome.

Room Tip: Theres a Margarita right in the parking lot. No need to have to go far to eat or drink.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and for your recommendation. We are glad that we were able to make your stay and experience very pleasant during the holiday season. I will certainly pass on your gratitude to Stacey and Alissa on your behalf. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Express Durham

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!