“Easy Weekends”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visiting our son, daughter-in-law and new grandson, this is our go-to place. Meticulously clean, easy and varied breakfast included. Marguerita's across the parking lot makes dinner bites or an adult beverage just as convenient. A few rooms can have a little street, elevator, or ice machine noise. Indoor pool keeps kids occupied too!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our featured amenities. As we look forward to seeing you in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything else I may assist you with.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Homewood Suites is my preferred property to stay in Dover. Front desk staff is friendly and responsive. Rooms are consistently clean and well-maintained. Property is safe with plenty of well-lit parking. Beds are comfortable. Location is close to main roads (and down the street from Starbucks, which is key to me). Wi-fi is free and has been reliable on my many trips. Dinners are provided week-days but seem to be meat oriented so not great if you are vegetarian or prefer chicken/fish but it's free. Margaritas (Mexican) shares the parking lot so an easy alternative is close by.

Room Tip: Studios and 1-bedrooms seem to be the same size so I prefer the studios b/c they are more open, thou...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank K W
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

We are thrilled that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites Dover! Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We are looking into offering more vegetarian friendly options at our Welcome Home Reception. We hope that we can accommodate you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed for three days. Complimentary breakfast on the weekend. Wish we had been around during the week for complimentary dinner. The staff was amazing! Everyone was extremely friendly and went above and beyond. Especially Stacey, Wendy, Hillary and Jocelyn. Overall the room was very clean with a small kitchen, couch and HD tv. Would be a great hotel for both long term and short stays. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Many thanks for sharing your feedback. It is an honor to receive such a glowing recommendation. As we look forward to seeing you in the future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and Have an Extraordinary Day!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

i was on a business trip and stayed here for more than a month. I really enjoyed the stay in Homewood suites by Hilton. It has got all the amenities that you look for like microwave,full size fridge,dish washer .....

Staff are very dedicated,friendly,attentive.i would like to mention a special note of thanks to Jossalyn,Vic,Stacey,Stacia,Hillary,Betty,Alissa,Tiffany,Christi,Rabi,Patrick,Candice,wendy ,Abhishek and all others who made my stay enjoyable and made me feel that it is really
"Home Away from Home".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to express your positive experience with us. We are excited to have you in-house and glad to learn that you are enjoying your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at anytime if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Due to a house fire our insurance company pit us up here for several weeks.
We had a 2 bedroom , 2 bath suite with a kitchen. No oven but a stovetop and microwave and full size fridge. During the week you would get complimentary hot breakfast and dinner.this was nice not having to cook.The cook would come to each table and deliver to each of us a hot chocolate chip cookie which was delicious It had a pool and hot tub my 8 year o7ld loved and a computer center I liked to visit daily. There was laundry room and also a very small gym room. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the location was excellant. Right off the highway and directly across the road of the c&j bus terminal. Across the parking lot is a Margeritas restaurant. I also like the fact that my pet could stay with us if I so chose . It would have cost only a $50 surcharge for the whole time we were there. My daughter occaisionally asks to go back to this hotel and stay she liked it so much. I think we enjoyed our stay despite the circumstances that led is there..

• Stayed: May 2012
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share such positive feedback about your experience at Homewood Suites Dover, NH. We certainly strive to exceed our guests expectations, so needless to say we are thrilled to hear the staff made your stay more pleasurable during difficult times. We hope to see you again under better circumstances.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Two nights turned into 4 due to business needs,staff was very attentive and friendly . Stacey,Wendy ,Hillary Jocelyn and Patrick went above and beyond their job duties. The room was clean and all appliances were in working order, including the microwave. Absolutely the best place I have ever stayed while away from home. Great job staff,hope to stay there again soon.

Anthony

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your amazing experience at our Homewood Suites Dover. We are thrilled that we made your stay more pleasurable and exceeded your expectations. I have personally shared your comments with all associates. As we look forward to seeing you in the near future please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I spent six nights at this hotel and really enjoyed the stay. It was a comfortable room, very quiet, staff was very friendly, and the hotel was clean. Breakfast was good and well supplied every morning, and the one evening meal we made it too was very good as well. One of the very best places I have stayed in away from home! Would definetly stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor near elevator and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Great review! Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Homewood Suites Dover. We are pleased that we were able to make your stay delightful. As we look forward to seeing you in future please feel free to contact me if I may assist you with anything.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!