“Great stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We will continue to stay here. This is a great property and everyone working at this Homewood Suites gave us exceptional service or should I say great personalized service. We travel a lot and the little things mean the most to us.

Room Tip: All rooms were great, we had a kitchen suite which was really nice for our extended stay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. I hope we get a chance to host you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover

Reviewed April 16, 2012

*Spacious* comfortable living room/kitchen & bedroom. Tasty breakfasts & dinners (healthy choices) that make life easier -- particularly if you're staying awhile & don't have time to prepare meals. (The variety is  good.)

(Evenings when meals aren't served, you can order takeout from Margarita's (directly across from hotel - brief walk over for pickup).)

Business center with 2 computers & 2 printers & seating.

Meets/exceeds the fine quality you come to expect from Homewoods.

• Stayed: November 2011
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valued feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier we spoiled you while you were here. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Was watching a movie on my laptop with the lights dimmed, when I turned on the lamp next to the bed I noticed bed bugs crawling around on the bed next to me. Kill two of them, but there were others. This was my second time staying at this hotel, but my first time ever encountering bed bugs. I heard similar incident from my boss who stayed there and he actually got rashes from bitten. I haven't noticed any rashes, so hopefully I wasn't bitten. Will consider booking somewhere else next time around.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank anon a
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have contacted pest control and have them coming to check the room today. We are a pet friendly hotel and it could be an animal related pest issue. In the future please contact the front desk and we will move your room if there is ever anything wrong with the room you are in. I apologize for any inconveniences and can guarantee you we address any and all issues with the urgency it deserves.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last few years on business. The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable. The hotel is mostly well maintained. It is a Hilton property, and that says a lot.

My last visit I had an issue with a desk chair that was broken upon checking in. It was not repaired in the two nights that I stayed, even after alerting the front desk of the issue both evenings. That was the reason I dinged them for the one star.

The internet service is simply ok. it was slow in the evenings, as most low end hotels are starting to get. I would expect a Hilton property to have better connectivity.

The TV was a nice flat screen, with all the channels anyone could hope for, and then some more......

The bathroom was clean and well lit. There was a nice selection of toiletries left for me there.....I didn't use any of them, but they looked to be of high quality.

There is a nice looking restaurant that shares a parking lot with the hotel. I didn't go there, but from the steady stream of people in and out of it, it must have pretty good food.

Overall, it is a decent property. As I said earlier, I had a minor issue, but I don't think it is reason to not stay here.......

Room Tip: When you first arrive, check to be sure everything is in good working order. If something isn't...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RGoltsch
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I once again apologize for the miscommunication during your last stay and am happy to hear it won't keep you from staying with us again. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I truly look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife is very pickey and she loved it. The room was the size of a small apartment. Very comfortable and we would stay again if we are in this area. It's close to U.N.H. I would reccoment this place to anyone. Breakfast was very good as well. The comp diner that they offer is good as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

I am delighted to hear we meet your wife's approval. We hope to have you all stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for over 90 days now during a corporate relocation. While I'd rather be in my own bed, this has been a tremendous temporary home for me. The hotel is clean, conveniently located, and the staff absolutely bends over backwards to make everyone feel at home. Everyone is friendly, the prices are reasonable, and the complimentary breakfast each morning is a terrific way to start the day. Evening meals (complete with free wine and beer) are served Monday through Thursday, and there's a Margarita's Mexican restaurant across the parking lot. Shuttle service is available, and the staff will even pick up groceries for you -- a great plus, since the full kitchen really comes in handy on those extended stays! A fitness center and pool can help you stay in shape, too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

It was a true pleasure having your family stay with us. Good luck with the new house!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We decided to stay at this Homewood Suites partially because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and partially it's location. We wanted to visit the mountains and visit the coast of Maine. One and a half hours to North Conway NH and less than 2 hours in the other direction to Portland Me. On and off the highway (Rt 16) less than a quarter of a mile. Great complimentary breakfast, clean room, and very friendly staff. Our surprise was that they serve complimentary dinners from Monday through Thursday! Room was spacious (studio suite) and bed was very comfortable. Excellent for the price considering our stay was between Christmas and New Year's Day. Would definitely recommend to anyone that asks where they can stay in NH!

Room Tip: Very convenient location to the White Mountains or the coast
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheGrahamsScituateRI
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come back and visit us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!