Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
$215
Residence Inn
$109
$99
All reviewsmexican restaurantparking lotbedroom suitemargarita'sfull kitchenhome away from homefront desk staffsitting areacomplimentary breakfastvisit familyhot tubgreat place to staynew hampshirescrambled eggsfitness centerbusiness tripconvenient location
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last few years on business. The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable. The hotel is mostly well maintained. It is a Hilton property, and that says a lot.

My last visit I had an issue with a desk chair that was broken upon checking in. It was not repaired in the two nights that I stayed, even after alerting the front desk of the issue both evenings. That was the reason I dinged them for the one star.

The internet service is simply ok. it was slow in the evenings, as most low end hotels are starting to get. I would expect a Hilton property to have better connectivity.

The TV was a nice flat screen, with all the channels anyone could hope for, and then some more......

The bathroom was clean and well lit. There was a nice selection of toiletries left for me there.....I didn't use any of them, but they looked to be of high quality.

There is a nice looking restaurant that shares a parking lot with the hotel. I didn't go there, but from the steady stream of people in and out of it, it must have pretty good food.

Overall, it is a decent property. As I said earlier, I had a minor issue, but I don't think it is reason to not stay here.......

Room Tip: When you first arrive, check to be sure everything is in good working order. If something isn't working, change rooms rather than expecting them to repair it during your visit. I would also avoid rooms facing the restaurant if you plan on keeping your window open, there is a steady flow of people in and out until after midnight.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RGoltsch
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I once again apologize for the miscommunication during your last stay and am happy to hear it won't keep you from staying with us again. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I truly look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife is very pickey and she loved it. The room was the size of a small apartment. Very comfortable and we would stay again if we are in this area. It's close to U.N.H. I would reccoment this place to anyone. Breakfast was very good as well. The comp diner that they offer is good as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

I am delighted to hear we meet your wife's approval. We hope to have you all stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for over 90 days now during a corporate relocation. While I'd rather be in my own bed, this has been a tremendous temporary home for me. The hotel is clean, conveniently located, and the staff absolutely bends over backwards to make everyone feel at home. Everyone is friendly, the prices are reasonable, and the complimentary breakfast each morning is a terrific way to start the day. Evening meals (complete with free wine and beer) are served Monday through Thursday, and there's a Margarita's Mexican restaurant across the parking lot. Shuttle service is available, and the staff will even pick up groceries for you -- a great plus, since the full kitchen really comes in handy on those extended stays! A fitness center and pool can help you stay in shape, too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

It was a true pleasure having your family stay with us. Good luck with the new house!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We decided to stay at this Homewood Suites partially because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and partially it's location. We wanted to visit the mountains and visit the coast of Maine. One and a half hours to North Conway NH and less than 2 hours in the other direction to Portland Me. On and off the highway (Rt 16) less than a quarter of a mile. Great complimentary breakfast, clean room, and very friendly staff. Our surprise was that they serve complimentary dinners from Monday through Thursday! Room was spacious (studio suite) and bed was very comfortable. Excellent for the price considering our stay was between Christmas and New Year's Day. Would definitely recommend to anyone that asks where they can stay in NH!

Room Tip: Very convenient location to the White Mountains or the coast
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheGrahamsScituateRI
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come back and visit us again!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband, daughters and I stay here every year that we spend Christmas in New Hampshire. The staff is friendly and even though they are working on the holiday; they greet you "home" as if you were family. We love the hot/cold breakfast options, all night snacks (fruit etc.), coffee and hot chocolate bar. The candy/cookies at the front desk are a nice touch too. They always decorate nicely for the holidays and even during the holiday, they make sure your needs are taken care of with the limited staff on hand during this time. The rooms are extremely cozy and worth the money. The customer service oriented staff is second to none!! There are some cheaper places in the area but if you want service with a smile and a "home" away from "home", do not pass this place up.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lfrf
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Thank you for not only staying with us here in Dover, but also for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to host you again in the future.