“Best Crepes in the Seacoast”
Review of Silver Moon Creperie - CLOSED

Silver Moon Creperie
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located on N. Mississippi Avenue in Portland, Oregon; we serve sweet & savory crepes, espresso, fresh juice, wines by the glass, local hard cider & beer on tap.
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Ever since I moved to Dover I've been in love with Silver Moon Creperie. It's a cozy, friendly spot to have breakfast or lunch. I love their crepes so much I usually order one savory and one sweet and then leave ridiculously full but happy. The owners are always fun to chat with and they have unique specials using awesome ingredients.

Some of my favorite crepes are the Mushroom Swiss, Smores, Pumpkin Spice, Lemon w/Blueberries, Egg Cheddar Olive, and if you're feeling adventurous try the Elvis, it's so much sweet in one crepe. It's a challenge! They use this delicious Belgium graham cracker paste on the smores that I could eat by the jar.

Prices are affordable and the best seats are on the counter to watch the whole process go down. If you live in Dover, or just visiting, make sure and visit.

4  Thank SBLemons

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Dover is filled with a lot of places to eat. There are only a few who really stand out. Me and my cousin have been here a few times over the last few months and have always been satisfied with our food and service. Sure, the place is very small and not so roomy but the food makes up for it. The Caramel Apple and Banana Crepe is one of my favorites. I have yet to try any of the meat crepes, probably because of my sweet tooth, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I would definitely recommend this place!!

1  Thank Amrit S
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I frequently visit Dover from CT and always make it a point to stop by this little gem. The crepes are wonderfully prepared with fine, fresh ingredients. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The proprietors even make out of towers feel at home with there kindness. I prefer to sit at the counter and converse while I anxiously await the chef to masterfully prepare my favorite crepe, pizza. The coffee is good and strong. I look forward to my next trip to sunny Dover, NH to dive into a few yummy crepes! I have been to France and the crepes are not that much better... Value is perfect and I get my fill for a
reasonable cost.

Thanks Silver Moon, keep up the good work...

1  Thank DannerKebab
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is the place to go for all the atmosphere and taste of a French creperie. You don't need to speak another language and the service is far better than I ever had in France, but this tiny eatery reminds me of everything I loved about French cafes.

The tables are small which can be difficult to accommodate large groups but it is a perfect intimate setting for a couple of people. The owners run the entire thing and are genuinely friendly people who love to chat with their customers (especially the kids who like to sit at the booth and watch them make the crepes!). Service is usually pretty speedy considering the number of people I generally find there and the food is definitely worth any wait there might be.

The crepes themselves are absolutely delicious and the most authentic I have had outside of Europe. Both the savory and the sweet are satisfying and filling. I love the specials which make sure there are new varieties to try whenever you get bored with the standard. They use local and fresh ingredients and I know from conversations with the owners/chef that they put a lot of thought into their recipes to make sure they are best they can possibly be. Even some of the drink selection is imported (i.e. Orangina, Perrier, etc.)

1  Thank CassLewis
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I used to live in Dover and frequently had brunch or weekday lunch at the Creperie. It's a lovely upbeat place, small but cozy when it's not packed (and trust me - it can be packed, it's that good!). Owned and operated by a witty husband and wife team, It's reminiscent of the tiny creperies I ate at in Paris in both charm and flavor. I've had friends/family that lived in Europe for years visit and agree! In addition, DEFINITELY kid friendly. The owner/chef showed us several drawings that happy little customers have created in the restaurant and given him over the years.

Sadly, we've moved away but still willingly drive an hour or so each way to have brunch here if we have a spare Saturday. Overall, it's a trendy, friendly place with great food that you can feel comfortable bringing the little ones to too.

1  Thank Jillian L