“Pricey without the terrain.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ragged Mountain

Ragged Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Danbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Ragged Mountain Resort offers challenging glades, a fantastic beginner area with three lifts, runs for the whole family, three terrain parks, and tubing.
vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Pricey without the terrain.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Came here to ski with friends..... The price was jacked up, unless you bought "on line".... That seems like a bad way of doing business to me. The woman behind counter was less than nice. I would NEVER choose to ski here when there are mountains that treat their skiers much better for less money, and have better conditions/trails!!!! You can do better!!!!

2 Thank hornpout

Haverhill
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great day of family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent a recent Sunday at Ragged Mountain and had a fabulous day. No long lines, an incredible 6-person high-speed quad, friendly staff and excellent skiing conditions made this day to remember. We will definitely ski this mountain again in 2014. Breath-taking views and lots of trails to choose, from kept everyone entertained.

Hanover, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Skiing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a jewel of a ski area in NH - between the Lakes Region and the Hanover/Lebanon areas. They do an excellent job of grooming and snowmaking and the runs are very pleasant - in many ways an old fashionned ski area, but with wider trails. AND great views of the big NH mountains from the top. The high speed lift allows you to make alot of runs. Nice lodge and excellent food. Would also recommend for day hiking in the non snow months.

1 Thank Susan D
new hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great Family Ski Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent a recent Sunday at Ragged Mountian and had a wonderful time. We normally go to Pats Peak or Waterville Valley but saw discounted tickets on Liftopia so we thought we would give it a try. We can't believe what we have been missing. First the views alone are worth it.
The do have a nice high speed six person lift. The other lifts are very slow. We joked that donkeys were pulling it, but we chalked it up to quality family time. The staff was very friendly and all the trails were clearly marked. The lodge was nice and has a very welcoming fireplace, the food was typical ski lodge food. They do have a pizza resturant upstairs, we will try that next time.

Our only suggestion is avoid parking lot number 2. We were there on a warm day and that lot was a giant mud pit. The other lots looked OK.

1 Thank e0103
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great value, not crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent a sunday at ragged mountain in early March. Despite being a sunday, the place was practically empty and I never waited more than 2 minutes to get on a lift. The snow conditions were great. I spent the majority of the day going up the high speed six pack. There are a bunch of fun ways down from that lift with lots of optional jumps on the side. I am an intermediate snowboarder (I mostly do blues, with some black diamonds), but the mountain had slopes for any experience level. There is also a great terrain park with jumps and grinds if you are into that sort of thing. I went up the (not-high speed) triple lift a few times. The slopes on that side of the mountain were also great, but I just couldn't justify going up a lift that is not high speed in this day and age. Apparently they are replacing it with a high speed quad sometime soon. The only thing that kept this from being five stars was that the parking lots isn't paved (it's all dirt/mud). Thus, I ended the day with my car, boots, and board all covered in mud. This was annoying, but definitely not a deal breaker. I plan on going back to ragged mountain for sure.

Oh, and make sure you order online 2 days or more in advance and you can get half price lift tickets.