“A Gem in the New Hamshire Woods”
Review of Darby Field Inn

Darby Field Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Conway B&B and Inns
Schenectady, New York
“A Gem in the New Hamshire Woods”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights at the Darby Field Inn and I, normally a critical reviewer, can think of only good things to say. The location is lovely with views of the White Mountains. The rooms are very nice. We stayed in one of the smallest but got to peek in some of the others. The staff are friendly and attentive and there is a relaxed atmosphere whether you are lounging in the back surrounded by butterflies, in the restaurant (more on that below) or in the lounge or tavern.

My wife felt the bed was not the best, I liked it.

The restaurant is high quality either breakfast or dinner. The dinner menu is a bit limited in choice but has enough "spread" to satisfy most people. The wine list is good and reasonably priced.

This is a high end place, and the prices reflect it, but if you want to be near North Conway and want something many steps above a motel and away from the noise and traffic you cannot do better than the Darby Field Inn. I expect to return in the Fall and relax some more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay! My staff appreciates your kind words and I appreciate your continued patronage. Hope to see you this fall!

Warm regards, Marc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Connecticut
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I loved the inn. The staff were really nice. The food is awesome. However, the bed is so so so so uncomfortable. It is really old, sloped to one side, and wiggles if anyone moves. My spouse slept on the floor. I feel bad saying that because generally the inn was awesome but really, inns are mainly for sleeping.

Room Tip: Maybe the other beds are better. We were room 15.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwillbuckeye
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I wish I had known while you were here! I went upstairs to inspect the bed in #15 and tightened some loose screws to set the frame right. I am pleased you enjoyed your awake hours, and hope you will return to enjoy the staff and food again, and to make some new memories in a different room!
Boston
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I cannot say enough about the Darby Field Inn or it's exceptional staff. They made our wedding day so special and wonderful. Marc and his staff, Carol, Alan and anyone who's name we forgot, went above and beyond for us each and every time. Our room was spotless and beautiful, the view was unforgettable and I really can see myself coming back to the inn time and time again.

The hummingbirds were a real riot each and every morning, and the staff must have thought I was crazy since I've never seen hummingbirds up close before but they were really nice about it. :) This is a great establishment with wonderful hospitality and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I never tire of our wonderful guests and their wonderful reviews! Glad your wedding day was all you hoped for...and hummingbird fascination is nothing new to us here at the inn; we are still captivated by them, even after over 30 years!

I look forward to welcoming you back time and time again!

Best wishes, Marc
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Darby Field Inn. Marc, the innkeeper is very nice and Carol is a hoot. We stayed in room 5, a corner room with a great view of the mountains. It's not a large room, but we were not in there very long. One morning a black bear came out of the woods, looked at us having coffee on the patio, and continued on his walk. Carol is the morning hostess and is so personable. Both Marc and Carol are great for dinner recommendations. We did have dinner at the Darby on Thursday night, fantastic. Marc was very accommodating when we realized that we were going to be late for our dinner reservation. I can't wait to go back in the winter for snow shoeing.

Room Tip: Read the descriptions of each type of room, some have air conditioning and others just have paddle f...
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We look forward for a winter visit from you!!! Carol says "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" We'll keep your favorite breakfast table ready for you...

Weston,CT
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a really nice time. The staff was friendly and helpful The room was comfortable and the food was great. The Darby Field Inn was a bit off the beaten path, but that worked well for us. The views were very pretty.

innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm pleased you had a nice time while you were here! We are off the beaten path, but only a few minutes from town. Come back and stay in the winter for some snowshoeing and hot chocolate? I think you'll LOVE it!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to New Hampshire for the weekend to attend a wedding. I foubd the Darby Field Inn online. The pictures made the place look like a post card so we gave it a try. We loved it! It was just what you'd expect a New England B&B to be. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were good and so was dinner we had. The Inn was very clean. Now this is not a super modern hotel, it's an old farm house that has been made into an Inn, but that's part of the charm. The modern amenities are there of course, but the grounds at the Inn are so beautiful we never actually turned on the television in our room. We even had a steam shower and fire place in ours! We highly recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2013
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Every season has its own beauty, but the grounds are at their most beautiful in the summer! The gardens are incredible, the hummingbirds are whizzing around like bees, and the pool is SO refreshing on those hot and humid days.
I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time here...come back for some relaxing time by the pool...
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's a perfect mix of old fashioned bed and breakfast and modern relaxation. The place is comfortably furnished in a traditional fashion, and you expect to run into Sinatra in the sitting room. The staff is happy and helpful. The food is like you'd find in Manhattan.

If you're a runner or hiker, it's in the center of great mountain runs and hikes. It's like having your own home hidden in the White Mountains

Room Tip: Go to the third floor for the views and the great balcony s.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am pleased you felt at home here...it is our goal!
Samuel's Room is my favorite room, too.
Give us a call when you're ready to return for some more fun in the Whites...
Warm regards, Marc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#10 of 30 in Conway
Cranmore Inn
Cranmore Inn
#1 of 21 in North Conway

Been to Darby Field Inn? Share your experiences!