“Very good clean Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
Eastern Slope Camping Area
Ranked #10 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Conway
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We checked in 7/20/13 and left a week later . We found the campground very clean and well taken care of. The bathrooms are old but cleaned often and good. That is our most important feature. The office was very nice and helpful. We had a nice river site. We enjoyed floating down the river all day. Security at nite was very good and really enjoyed our family trip .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the worst possible campground. Owners have a major attitude. Campground looks good when you get in but head downhill in the old section and it's disgusting. Our 3 year old boy refused to use the washrooms.

We checked in and decided not to stay and they refussed to refund. Fine!
Stayed in a local hotel but still had access to the campground and so I decided to check out my site that I paid for the whole week(No refund). They rented my site to someone else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SnoChrome
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was our first time staying at Eastern Slope Campground and were happy when the campground waived their 3 night minimum for us on the holiday weekend. The campsite was clean, but was in very close proximity with other campsites. We were traveling with another couple(no children) and it served our needs. The campground seems family oriented and offers activities for families. The beach was very nice and there was a nice open field for playing games. We went tubing down the Saco river during the day so we were only there for the later afternoon/evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KMMVT
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

So it was our first camping trip with our 3 year old kids. I chose this place because it was right on the Saco. Two beaches, pool. I normally always stay at state or national parks..I originally chose site, A. And got a call a few weeks after booking it, being asked if it was ok to move the site to another, she said it was the exact same just over a row. I said ok. We get there, and were about 45 minutes early to check in. She said it would cost is another 20$ to check early. So we left and came back, checked in and went to our site. It was awful!! Fresh new pile of gravel, no grass what so ever, all dirt, and every single other site had grass, but ours. Our fire pit looked like it was part of another sites firepit. Not to. Mention we were directly next to 4 dumpsters. On a 3 way intersection. I had my boyfriend go see if we could move, and if not we were leaving. They said they would only give us 50% back. We could move to an over flow site, for 5$ off. After he asked about it, it. Had no water or electricity like our site originally had. Not as good campground for. Tents, and if you stay less then a week, you
Can't camp on the river. Very disappointing. Also, trash was over flowing the dumpsters, trash all over the ground. Really gross. One good thing about the campground was it allowed dogs. Definitely going back to state parks though.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Tk3886
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We booked a site for a week with the understanding we'd have internet access to keep in touch with home in Canada including a 92-year-old mother. We had no access for the week and the staff showed no interest and made no apparent effort to remedy this with us. We stay in North Conway (hotels and campgrounds) twice a year and have had no connectivity issues before. We'll try another campground next summer. Thanks though, North Conway, for your great restaurants, bakeries, shops, beaches, and trails!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After my first visit to Eastern Slope Campground, I would say that their beaches and the proximity to the Saco River is about the only thing going for it. Along with all of the other compliants listed here (dirty, litered, crowded, etc.) I would include 'rude'. I reserved 2 tent sites for July 4th weekend, one for my family and one for my brother's family. I was very forthcoming when I made the reservation, explaining that we were 2 different families, which didn't seem to be any problem at the time. Since I arrived first I checked-in to both sites since they were in my name, and was not alerted to any problems at the time. The gentleman who checked me in was very nice and offered to keep the 2nd vehicle pass in the office for my brother to pick up when he arrived. But when my brother came to pick up the pass a little while later, a woman with short black hair in the main office rudely informed him that he could not pick up the pass because they couldn't determine if someone else was already on the site (which was me because I had already checked in, duh!). Meanwhile, my family and I were clear on the other side of the campground enjoying the refreshing, clear river when we got a phone call that we needed to come to the front office because we had the wrong vehicle pass. It turned out that we didn't have the wrong pass, the black-haired woman just wanted to have a chance to chew me out for reserving 2 spots in my name. Like I was trying to get away with something!? After forcing my brother's family (with 2 young children) to sit and wait for 30 min + while dealing with all of this, and then reprimanding me for reserving and paying for sites at their campground, ESCA will not be getting any more of my business. While at the campground I heard many other similar stories of campers frustrated with the new management. I also heard stories of those that will not return because of it. Too bad... it could have been a really nice campground.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vtkarenb
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This campsite was 4/5 for us. but I can definitely see how the rating could be all over the map.

The good:
-The staff was great and friendly.
-Our campsite was a treed, decent size lot with a fire pit, picnic table, and wooden rain shelter.
-There were showers with good water pressure and nice hot water (this was a work-cation for one of us to that was important).
-An in-ground pool which we had to ourselves most of the time we were using it. This was great because in June the river was freezing and the current was to strong for swimming.
-The river was gorgeous and the site offered rentals and a drive up the river so you could then canoe/tube down the river for 3 hours and end up back at the camps site. Unfortunately, our booking was canceled because the current was to strong.
-Close to major shopping outlet/restaurants/stores/etc.
-We paid about $100 for 4 days/3 nights. Which seems on par for the area, if you're looking for a basic site with water and electricity at a family campground.

Now for the not so good:
- Our site was great but it seemed we had one for the better ones. There were some that even looked out onto the group of big green garbage bins. They are also rather close together.
- The bathrooms, the ones near us were clean and well kept, but apparently the ones farther from our site were awful.
-The pool was pretty small and often when we were driving in and out of the park we could see that it was packed.
-This is a family campsite, which isn't a problem in itself, but it's a totally different experience from the wilderness camping we often do. It's not always chance to relax in nature, it's rather noisy. Our camp neighbors we very nice but also very noise into the night.
-All fires our by 11:30, that sucked.
-No mountain view from the campground.

Room Tip: There are some sites to stay way from, if you are getting a tent site make sure you don't get th...