This campsite was 4/5 for us. but I can definitely see how the rating could be all over the map.
-The staff was great and friendly.
-Our campsite was a treed, decent size lot with a fire pit, picnic table, and wooden rain shelter.
-There were showers with good water pressure and nice hot water (this was a work-cation for one of us to that was important).
-An in-ground pool which we had to ourselves most of the time we were using it. This was great because in June the river was freezing and the current was to strong for swimming.
-The river was gorgeous and the site offered rentals and a drive up the river so you could then canoe/tube down the river for 3 hours and end up back at the camps site. Unfortunately, our booking was canceled because the current was to strong.
-Close to major shopping outlet/restaurants/stores/etc.
-We paid about $100 for 4 days/3 nights. Which seems on par for the area, if you're looking for a basic site with water and electricity at a family campground.
Now for the not so good:
- Our site was great but it seemed we had one for the better ones. There were some that even looked out onto the group of big green garbage bins. They are also rather close together.
- The bathrooms, the ones near us were clean and well kept, but apparently the ones farther from our site were awful.
-The pool was pretty small and often when we were driving in and out of the park we could see that it was packed.
-This is a family campsite, which isn't a problem in itself, but it's a totally different experience from the wilderness camping we often do. It's not always chance to relax in nature, it's rather noisy. Our camp neighbors we very nice but also very noise into the night.
-All fires our by 11:30, that sucked.
-No mountain view from the campground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family camping in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley, Eastern Slope Camping Area is a great choice for your next camping vacation. Whether you have a tent, pop-up, Class A Motorhome, or travel trailer, we have a place for you. Many sites feature full hook ups with water, electric, sewer, and cable. Come in the spring and summer and enjoy our two beaches, heated pool, updated playground, huge soccer field, and much more! In the fall, you have to come up and see the beautiful fall foliage and stay close to the Fryeburg Fair in October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Eastern Slope Camping Area Hotel Conway