“Camping with small children” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cove Camping Area

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
Cove Camping Area
Ranked #8 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Conway
Boston, Massachusetts
“Camping with small children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We've camped here twice this summer. Which says enough for me to want to come back. Let me start with saying, I just started liking camping last year, normally I'm a 4 star + hotel lover, but camping disconnects me from the world I like that. We have 3 kids, only 2 camp with us, 6yrs and barely 2 yr old boys. We have a large 3 room tent.

First site was a great location to the bathroom and the main building, which I noticed the covered picnic are has WIFI... might get teen daughter to go next time! The site was a little rocky but managed our large tent. But finding flat land for other things were rough. But the boys enjoyed climbing around, also gave us a little elevation from the road and rain! Great water views.

Second time we stayed on a much flatter nicer plot but felt uneasy with cars that did have to drive by. Again beautiful views of the water.

both pads had fire circles but not grills. Both had picnic tables. I felt it was quiet since we are early sleepers. I LOVED no dogs during certain months, I believe it was July and August. This appealed to us with a child afraid of dogs.

It was in great location to get to North Conway attractions. The bathroom facilities were usable. Still better then using the woods! =)

There is a playground, beach, docks, rec. center played movies, had a little shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

If you are tent camper with a boat, this is a perfect spot.
If you want RV amenities like 120 volts to run an AC or Microwave in your RV, this is not a good choice. We camped here with friends, they had a nice lakefront site and we were nearby on site 19, gravel was reasonably level and we were able to set up our 30ft RV no problem.
We plugged into a 30amp box but never got more than 108 volts in the unit. 2 folks in trailers next to us also popped their breakers.
The well was also broken and there was only a hose with potable water at the office to fill jugs.
In a nutshell, if you come in an RV, be prepared to dry camp. Fill your fresh water tank if you don't want lake water in you unit.
The owners offered to give us all of our money back which we declined since we were visiting friends. They were apologetic. I would only suggest that they not advertise as having full hookups.

• Stayed August 2011