“The Web site is very DECEIVING”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conway
Tanglewood Motel and Cottages
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Conway
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“The Web site is very DECEIVING”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The cabins are worn and needs renovations, bed spreads dirty, needs new dishware, cutlery,and pots & pans OLD one trip to the dollar store would solve this problem. All pets staying their should be on a leash.The map lay out on the web site gives one the impression that the brook was a big pond and it's NOT. The cottages are closer to Rt 16 than it appears on the map. Cottages are too small to have two double beds.It should have a sofa instead of the second double bed. My pet was too clean for this place. Carpets were FILTHY. pet cost should have been included in price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 95goldwing
duckme2, Owner at Tanglewood Motel and Cottages, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
We are a very small place. Myself or my husband take all reservations over the phone. We let guest know how close to road each cottage is, the Brook out back with paddle boat is for fun , The little ones really like it and parents don't have to worry. We are also very friendly people and are open to always bettering our home.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Randolph, Ma
Reviewed September 6, 2010

If you are looking for a great place that gives you the rustic feel without the hassle of putting up a tent or pulling a trailer then this is the place for you! The couple that own the place Chris and Laura are generous , down to earth people that share their knowledge of the local flare as well as provide you with a friendly atmosphere.
Where else can you sit around a campfire with other families and sing songs and laugh, only to go into a clean comfortable cabin? Out back is a babbling brook that provided ambience to a perfect night.
If you are looking for fancy , stuffy place where you can't put your feet up and relax this is not the place for you. But if you want to feel like you are at summer camp or returning home and visiting family then you have found it. The furniture is nothing fancy but the place is spotless and cozy! Hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dollypoop
Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Friendly staff. Great price for the location.Only minutes from all the shopping. Hope its available next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CLOSINGCOSTFAX
woodstock, CT
Reviewed August 17, 2010

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! The owners are friendly enough but the website is very misleading. I wouldn't let my dog swim in the "swimming area". They have a paddleboat but all you really can do is go around in circles. The stove in the cottage was old and had rust stains all over it. The couch had duct tape on it. We saw so many people stop look around in amazement and leave. I would have left also but I would have lost over $300.00. I will NEVER stay here again.

4 Thank tilli71
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My family a and I had a few days booked in a cottage. We arrived and were quite disappointed with the layout of the cabin in regards to the highway (it is literally 10 feet from the highway). The so-called swimming river is an algae-ridden brook that I wouldnt let my dog swim in. We asked to see the inside of our cabin thinking that maybe we would feel better once we saw it but we were wrong. It reaked of must and mildue(I have very bad asthma and began wheezing as soon as I was inside), the stove is at reaching level for my two year old son( he could have easily burnt his little hand on the burners), and finally the so-called playground is no more than 5 feet from the highway. We drove 10 hours to vacation here and you can imagine our disappointment. We agreed that we will have to stay somewhere more suitable for a family. We informed the motel owners and they told me I have to give them $187more after already paying over $100 as a downpayment on my visa (even though we werent staying there at all). I refused of course as we were on a tight budget and paying that kind of money out would mean an early end to our vacation(as we had t o go pay for somewhere else to stay), and they told me they would have me arrested if I did not give them $187 more even though they already have over $100 of our money to keep. They called the police on us (we were an innocent family on vacation) and forced us to pay, my kids were in tears and so was my wife! What a terrible vacation, my family back home was horrified and so am I! We went to another motel, cut or $300 loss and are trying to enjoy ourselves here. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMEND NOT STEPPING FOOT ON THE TANGLEWOOD PREMISES, THEY ARE MONEY-HUNGRY and will get money any way they are able to, even if it means ruining a familys summer vacation, I hope you can benefit from our misfortune. They however did give us a partial refund after renting out or room, but we were still out money which is simply not fair.

5 Thank HVAC_guy_R410A
Thanks_Quality
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed in Tanglewood recently with my family. The couple running the place are nice people. But dont go by what the website says. The river at the backside is nothing but a mosquito infested slow moving water and the rooms are too close to the highway. It is not a kid friendly place. The room(especially bathrooms) is very old and direly in need of renovation.

3 Thank Thanks_Quality
Sullivan, Maine
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Very friendly staff, room was very clean. Nice to have our own kitchen. The kids(and me too!) loved swimming in the brook that was literally 15 feet from our cabin! Would be nice if there was AC in the room but... A little close to the road but the fan drowned out the car noise. A great value all in all. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family