“Can't Wait To Go Back!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tanglewood Motel and Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conway
Tanglewood Motel and Cottages
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Conway
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Can't Wait To Go Back!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Even though we own a condo in downtown North Conway, we wanted a more wholesome family friendly environment to vacation with our children. That is when we first discovered Tanglewood. This was our third year going to Tanglewood and we love it. Chris and Laura have always been so sweet and treat us like family since day one of our first visit.

As our kids have gotten older they have been able to use more of the amenities that are available on site and enjoy just staying at the cottage instead of always having to go to some attraction. The multiple fire pits spread out though the grounds allow for family time making s’mores and then for adult relaxation after the kids go to bed. We definitely utilized the fire pits. Chris has seasoned firewood on site so you don't have to go to the gas station when you run out early.

The cottages where clean and cozy and I loved having a kitchen available for making meals. It isn't the Ritz Carlton but when you go to a cottage in the woods you shouldn't expect a five star hotel. Some of our favorite things about Tanglewood is the enjoyment of being able to allow our children free reign when playing in a safe environment. They made new friends with other guest that were staying at Tanglewood and really enjoyed themselves. There are several playgrounds around and a wide variety of toys were provided. It was great to see my girls outside making sandcastles, having a tea party by the water, swimming in the brook, and trying to catch frogs. Not something that they would have been able to do downtown.

I would like to say thank you to Chris and Laura for providing such a great place for us to vacation with our family. Expect us in 2014.

2 Thank Valerie S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Exeter, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The owners are very helpful and very friendly. The cottage was clean and neat and well stocked with pots, pans and dishes! The screened porch is a perfect bonus. We had fun in the paddle boat and the sound of the stream was nice. The traffic was a little loud during the day but fine at night. The best part is they are pet friendly!

1 Thank Cynthia S
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all I have to say that the owners were so kind and considerate! We stopped at the front to check in after a 2.5 hour drive. I told the owner that our 4 year old really needed the potty. He immediately handed me the key to our cottage and told me it was OK to finish check in after we took care of our kid's needs. WOW! Also, fire pits and grills were cleaned every morning and there were lots of clean towels provided every morning as well. Great experience! Very clean cottages. Sand boxes and play areas also kept very clean and neat. Cottage #11 great for little kids as it is right in front of the playground. Our sons loved it!

Room Tip: If you have little kids ask for cottage #11.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband one year old son and I just stayed here in August 2013 It was absolutely what we needed to recharge! First of all I decided to stay here because it was one of the only places I contacted that offered a military discount. Any places that respects the sacrifices our servicemen and woman make are ok in my book. The owners are friendly and genuinely enjoy what they do. That is refreshing! If u want a 5 star resort don't be stupid! That is not what they're offering here. It's like camping but with beds,showers, and all the other comforts of home! My son lovedddd the playground right outside of our door! And I may have to buy him a tracker of his own to ride on! The only negative things I would have to say about the place is that I thought 2 rooms meant 2 bedrooms (we stayed in cottage 11) but they were counting the kitchen as a room. We made the best of it rearranged n put my sons pack and play in the kitchen and hung up a sheet and he was fine with it! It is a little far from the center of North Conway & there's a lot of sand on the property and when u have a one year old that wants to go run around on the playground before u go to dinner that kinda stinks! All and all I would stay there again. If u like camping, fire pits, drinking a few and hanging out with no one bothering u this is the place to go! My last comment is that we stayed at a cottage closer to town and the distance was nice but it was musty and when u left u felt dirty. This place is clean and you can tell it has a woman's touch. Just the little things like dish washing soap and a kitchen towel let you know this! We loved it! Thanks so much! See u next year!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Reynoldswrap1986
Franklin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a long weekend in cottage 3 during a Storyland trip, as all the hotels were booked. The reviews made us nervous but we were pleasantly surprised. The cottages were very clean and charming, the grounds well-kept, and the owners extremely freindly and helpful. These were cottages- not 5 star hotels- and they never claimed to be anything but. I don't think some of the reviews are fair. Our family had a wonderful time, and it had everyting we needed. Even our dog was welcome- and happy! The one thing I did not care for was the swimming hole as it was a little "slimy". But there is not much you can do about that- it's nature! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Cottage 3 was perfect for our family of 5 and a dog
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Welcome, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at cottage #12 at Tanglewood in October, 2012. It was a nice place. Nothing fancy, but all that we needed. The front desk is very helpful if you need any information. The place is clean, had a small bathroom and little fridge, microwave, and sink, toaster, coffee maker. The bed is ok, not great, just ok. It was very quiet and no noise from the road or neighbors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pincourt, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our second visit, first time 5 ladies from Montreal decide to go shopping in the tax free state for a weekend. We found this little Gem online and enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to return this year. During our first visit, we rented a modest little cabin that suited us perfectly. The cabin had everything we needed, was very clean, and the owners are amaizing! They are the friendliest couple, that show that their goal is to make all visiters comfortable and welcome. This year, only two of us returned, so we rented a motel room, and again, it was perfect for our needs.
I recommend this little Gem to anyone that would like a comfortable stay, and being only 10 minutes from tax free shopping (bonus!) It's the perfect little shopping get away! The price is right too!
They are in the process of upgrading their rooms with new carpets, beds, bathrooms, and bedding.
They are pet friendly, so no need to have a sitter. The kids can have a great time in the little park area, along with a campfire by the creek at night. Lie down in one of their hamicks that are hung by the creek for a relaxing afternoon nap.
They even have a cabin that sleeps 5 that is opened through the winter, so no need to wait for summer to arrive, the ladies and I are already planning a winter weekend get-away to have our fill of this modest, clean, friendly weekend trip.
Support the "Mom & Pop" establishments, because in the end, the stay is like going home!

Room Tip: Winter Cabin is #10 and sleeps 5 people.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Desiree353
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Econo Lodge
Saco River Lodge & Suites
White Mountains Hostel
White Mountains Hostel
#3 of 10 in Conway

Been to Tanglewood Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!