“me & my wifes 4 day vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conway
Tanglewood Motel and Cottages
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Conway
Lowell, Massachusetts
“me & my wifes 4 day vacation”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

me and my wife dont get away often so when we do we like to have a quiet peaceful time our stay at tanglewood motel and cottages couldnt of been any better the cabin was very clean very well equiped with with every thing we needed and the owners chris and laura were very nice i would highly recomend this place to every one

Room Tip: there are cabins next to the swift river (more of a brook) any cabin will be good but if you perfer...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cliff b

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Maine
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Owners were nice and friendly, but that is all I can say about our stay. Room smelled horrible, musty, mildew. Ran and ran the water to get hot water, finally checked at the office. Owner laughed and said 'oh, we always tell people it takes 20 min for the hot water to reach your room.' Nobody told us that when we called to book. She said 'just tell your husband to take his shower first, and then it will be all warmed up for you.' My husband wants a cold shower? Carpet is worn, dirty. Bedside table stuck out so far that I tripped on it during the night to use the bathroom. Not enough outlets in the room. Tv is very small, 12 inches? Bathroom was cleanish but very old shower, can barely use the toilet because shower is so close. We made the best of it, but won't go back. The brook was high and fast enough, deep enough, that this could be a child hazard.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank J C

Travelers are raving about these Conway hotels

Boston
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The woman at the front desk was nice, friendly and helpful.That is the only good thing I could say about this place. The motel room left little to be desired. The decor and furniture were old, and the bathroom needed a complete overhaul (see pics). It had a small metal shower stall that every time you touched the walls it made a banging noise that I'm sure could be heard in the next room. The towels were small and thin. I had to wear ear plugs because of the traffic noise and people talking. I woke up with a sore back (the first time in months) because the mattress was so uncomfortable. Dingy and overpriced. Well, at least there weren't any bed bugs and the sheets were clean...that's something anyway. I will not make the mistake of staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 1bookworm
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been coming back to The Tanglewood for the past 4 years. We really love it here. The kids can't wait to get here. Its comfortable, clean and relaxing! Its laid back and enjoyable. Yes it is near the road, but if you drive up the strip all the motel/cottages are near the road. It's not the Marriot, they do not have a pool, If you want that, go to the Marriot. But it is an affordable, and a great place to stay while visiting the whites, and the owners are very nice!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Easton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The hotel is right on the main street. You hear traffic all night long. The kids play area is nothing special. The area to use the paddle boats is tiny and the water is horrible. There is no swimming at all on the property. It is decorated in what looks like yard sale finds and does not even have matching wallpaper. The soap in the bathroom is labeled Best Western. With so many hotels to choose from in the area stay away from here and go to one that is clean and quiet. I wished I had read some earlier reviews. The newer ones are obviously lies that were put up to fool people. This place is horrible and not a place you want to bring your kids.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Cathy t
Salem, Connecticut
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I spent this past week in cottage #12. First of all, the owners Chris and Laura couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We arrived early and our cottage was ready for us, it was clean and comfortable. We had a grill, picnic table with table cloth right outside our cottage, 2 chairs on the screened porch. The brook was really low, as was every other brook throughout the White Mountains, guess that's "Mother Nature" for you.
We don't have small children but it sure seemed kid friendly, kids were playing on the swings and in the sand and swimming in the swimming area.
Location is great too, we decided to take a ride to Portland Maine for lunch, took about an hour and a half to get there....
My opinion: If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet, kid & pet friendly vacation at a reasonable price then Tanglewood is for you. If your looking for a resort you may want to try the Mount Washington Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This was our fourth trip to the Tanglewood, and thought it was time for a review. The owners Chris and Laura are great, they are very hospitable. We have stayed in 4 of the cottages and had no complaints. They are constantly updating things, this year we had new beds, which were very comfortable! and a new bathroom, very clean and nice! The kids love coming here, there is so much for them to do, Its nice that I don't have to worry about the kids safety while they are playing. The grounds are very nice, you can tell they have someone who takes care of the trees. We are looking forward to going to the Tanglewood again! Its a great place to relax and enjoy with the family!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Scenic Inn of Conway
#1 of 2 in Chocorua
Merrill Farm Inn
Merrill Farm Inn
#14 of 29 in Conway

Been to Tanglewood Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!