“Nice Hotel, best in the area”
Review of Centennial Hotel

Centennial Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I grew up in NH, about 20 minutes from Concord and never knew this place existed. My Husband and I were looking for a nice restaurant to go to while we were visiting family over the Holiday's, which is how we stumbled on this Inn. The room was spacious, the price was good and the staff friendly. I have stayed at many of the hotels in the area while visiting family and this is a favorite! It's very quaint and has that smaller Inn feel to it. The dinner at the restaurant was delicious, by far the best restaraunt in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to The Centennial Hotel and the Granite Restaurant & Bar. I am thrilled to hear that you "found" us and enjoyed your stay and dining in Granite! We look forward to your next visit with us. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hard to say enough about this spectacular hotel. Where to begin. How about this. Go on a weekend so there will be fewer politicians (Concord is the state capital not the business center)
and because that's when you have a better chance of finding Peter at the front desk), He is busy teaching school during the week. As a teacher, you know he needs the money but I got the impression that he would work there for nothing if that was the only option. He loves the place. And so will you. It didn't hurt that we got a free upgrade. Now on to the suite ,,,

Good suites have 2 rooms, great ones have 3, the greatest have that third in a round turret with a round dining table where you can get room service from arguably the finest restaurant in southern NH. I forget what the master chef calls the potatoes that he pairs with sword fish. I call them either au gratin or del monico. The point is that in over six decades wandering this earth (and yes I have been to France a couple times) I have never enjoyed the staple dish of my people (as in the emerald isle) more. Don't know his secrets, don't need to know, just need to come back some day. The sauces on everything are magical, enchanted. They offer a half serving option in case you are less than famished or if you can't decide or you want to dine tappas style. Get it? The opposite of all you can eat buffets. Masterful, start to finish.

I don't mean to ignore the hotel. Over 100 years old with an interesting history (which needs to be edited in the guest services book - - too much information - - we were on vacation not a work assignment) and we love red brick. I appreciated the free business center, morning paper and complimentary coffee. She appreciated the tiled shower and cleanliness. We both appreciated the complimentary warm sweet snack delivered to our room late afternoon. Yes, they earned all 4 stars. For us, it isn't the best hotel in Concord, it is the ONLY hotel in Concord

Room Tip: ask for a suite with a turret room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4-star-traveler1952

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in such detail about your recent visit to The Centennial Hotel and The Granite Restaurant & Bar. Our goal is to "delight and surprise" our guests during their entire visit and it sounds like that is exactly what you experienced. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful team here at the hotel. Peter loves to greet our guests and talk about the history of our hotel along with promoting dining in Granite. He loves working in hospitality! We look forward to your next visit with us. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant hotel. Lovely amenities Spa bathroom comfy room and bedding. Friendly staff love the shower bathrobes and slippers were a nice touch. It is nice to stay at this clean caring hotel

The extra care to use quality products is appreciated. I think they could use a better grade of bath tissue that would be more in keeping with the luxury items provided

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to The Centennial! I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a great hotel which we look forward to staying in each year over Thanksgiving or Christmas. My mother uses a wheelchair and walker, and it is very handicap accessible. Very nice and well-appointed rooms and an excellent restaurant. Easy, free parking. Also very homey, given the old building's architecture. Also very responsive staff. One thing I miss is that there is no HBO or pay-per-view movies, which I don't understand.

Room Tip: We've stayed in half-a-dozen rooms, and they all seem to be good. Corner rooms have lots of win...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eidolonnyc
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit at the Centennial Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you have stayed with us several time and that you enjoy being with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the Centenniel while looking at St. Paul's for my daughter.only a mile from campus the location is great. The rooms are lovely with modern bathrooms and a large shower. The staff was friendly and the rooms great and reasonably priced. We would stay here again anytime.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I am so thrilled to hear that you have had a chance to stay with us at the Centennial while visiting the St. Paul's campus. We are very lucky to be in such close proximity to the school. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel convenient to downtown Concord. Stayed for a business across the street at the state offices. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Room (queen) was spacious and bathroom very clean. The pm snacks (desserts) left in the room were a very nice added touch. Fitness room was small but no one ever there early in the am when I was so not an issue. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TJB567
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from our staff, to your room and our turn down treats. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I were traveling in NH recently to see the Fall Foliage. We had intended on staying the night in Manchester, NH, but while looking at hotels in this area we were unimpressed and decided to head north. While searching on Trip Advisor we happened upon the Centennial Inn in Concord, NH. We called the 800 number for reservations and were told they were full. We persisted and being seasoned travelers we knew to call the hotel directly. We talked to Peter who was very gracious and said they did have rooms and that we should come on over. When we arrived we were greeted by Peter who couldn't contain his joy of working for this Inn. He was extremely kind and offered my husband and I an upgrade to the Romance Package. Since we were celebrating our anniversary we said yes, since it provided us with a nice room and balcony, coupons for breakfast and dinner, as well as strawberries and champagne. Normally, champagne is my go to drink, but not this night. We were asked what we would like in it's place and Lisa very graciously substituted two huge glasses of Stella Artois, my husband's favorite. When we got to our rooms they had just done the turndown service which included robes, slippers and brownies. Our room was lovely and super comfortable. Dinner at the hotel and breakfast the following morning were wonderfully delicious. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was quite a surprise. When we drove up to the inn we were expecting a more Victorian ambiance since the exterior is, but once you walk in the door you instantly see how modern and tastefully decorated the inn is. After dinner we chatted with Peter and thanked him for his great recommendation and we had questions about the inn that he was happy to answer. He and Lisa even gave us a tour of the basement rooms that hold a lot of history. We totally enjoyed our unplanned visit and would recommend this to anyone who wants something extrardinary and out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Definitely take the Romance Package and the rooms with the balconies and turrets are extra big and c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennieHef
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

A hidden gem, that is what people refer to us as and I am so excited that you had a chance to find us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience while visiting us and dining in the Granite Restaurant & Bar. I have grown up in this area and cannot believe how lucky the community is to have such a beautiful, historic hotel and fine dining restaurant in Concord. You make special mention of our staff, Peter and Lisa. Our owners pride themselves on making sure all of our Hay Creek Properties "delight and surprise" our guests during each and every visit. It sounds like our staff did just that! Thank you again for your detailed review and we hope you have a chance to come back and visit with us again in the near future.