“Very spacious room, comfy beds, but why don't the curtains close?!!”

Fairfield Inn Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Very spacious room, comfy beds, but why don't the curtains close?!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stayed here for one night after visiting the Currier Museum in nearby Manchester. Very happy with the room, beds were really comfy, but couldn't understand why the curtains were only for effect either side of the window and didn't close! It didn't prevent a really good night's sleep however. Breakfast was fine, and there was plenty of parking. We had an excellent meal at a nearby restaurant - Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse (highly recommended).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston,Ma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and I considered it among the best Fairfield properties. A recent visit changed my mind however. Although the outside of the building looks like it has been updated and the lobby was pleasant, I can't say the same for the condition of the room or the swimming pool area. The room was not as clean as it should have been. In particular there were stains on two pieces of upholstered furniture and on the shower curtain. The pool area has not been updated and has some unpainted patches. In addition the hot tub didn't get hot!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Preston, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Does what it says on the tin! Clean, comfortable, spacious but not exciting. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
freq_wrld_travel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I checked into this hotel late in the evening. When I arrived there was no one at the front desk, so I had to call them to get them to come to check me in. I should have left then....The attendant was not very helpful and acted put out that she had to work. The lobby smelled bad. I was traveling alone with my 2 young children. I was struggling to get our luggage in the front doors without smashing the children because they do not have automatic doors. The attendant did not offer to help in anyway she just stood and watched. When we arrived in the room it was dirty. I had to clean the hair out of the bathtub before I could get my children cleaned up. The floors were so dirty that I made my children wear their shoes at all time in the room. In the morning we left and again as I struggled to get out of the door neither of the two attendants offered to help. I would have to say this hotel was a huge disappointment. I expect much higher standards from a Marriott. I would never stay here again! I am an elite Marriott member as I travel a lot and do not tolerate filth. If it had not been so late when we checked in I would have left the hotel and found another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank freq_wrld_travel
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

Management saved on real estate costs when it purchased the site for this hotel. It lies between a railroad track (perhaps unused) and the main superhighway running through Concord. You can walk to the quaint downtown area, but through a neighborhood that quickens your step. The hotel itself was clean and well maintained with adequate help from an indifferent staff. Make this your safety hotel if you cannot find other accommodations; really not suitable if you are not on business. It had those horrid, noisy through the wall air conditioners, evidently to drown out the traffic noise.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

During our relocation to Concord NH from Wilmington NC, I really wanted to stay at this hotel while my household goods were in transit. Understanding that the hotel does not accept pets, I explained my situation to the manager Patty who graciously allowed my well behaved dachshund (Gretel) to stay with us for the 4 days. At our request, she placed us in the ground floor room, closest to the exit for Gretel's convenience. The staff again, made our stay comfortable & flawless. It's my pleasure to again recommend this hotel for your stay if ever in the Concord, Lakes Region or White Mountain area of New Hampshire.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

A perfectly nice motel, with pleasant staff. Breakfast on the weekend was nothing special (hard-boiled eggs were the treat for Sunday) but was convenient. The bathtub surface was very slippery so I avoided using the shower. Look for the "lodging" sign at the entrance to the Common Man Restaurant and drive between the "dining" and "event" parking lots to the motel (I didn't see a street sign or a specific hotel sign).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
BEST WESTERN Concord Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Concord
Residence Inn Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow

Been to Fairfield Inn Concord? Share your experiences!