“Great value for money”

Fairfield Inn Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Service was good, although they forgot to place the crib I asked for (I made the reservation more than 24 hours in advance, so they had time). The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was OK and in line with the expectations for this type of hotel. Location is very good, as it's close to the highway.

I'd recommend this hotel for short stays. It delivers good quality for the right price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JulianM
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Concord

Reviewed April 25, 2013

A very nice place to stay. The location is not close to a major highway so all the rooms are quiet. The furnishings were updated. The heater/cooler unit was efficient and quiet. Our room had a microwave and a fridge with a freezer. The bed was comfy and there was a good sized flat screen TV. What impressed me especially was the amazing breakfast. Now Fairfield Inns do a nice job and always have the basic stuff, but in addition to what you'd normally expect they had a large bowl of cut fresh fruit, a pot of oatmeal with several topping options, scrambled eggs, sausage, and they even offered soy milk. The only thing we found odd was that several of the Fairfield Inns we stayed at on this trip, including this one, had no luggage rack. If in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have stayed at this Inn many times, and each stay has been enjoyable and comfortable.
My wife uses a wheelchair, needs an accessible room and the staff has been very helpful every time we've called, and followed through on each visit. Because my wife has difficulties, it is greatly reassuring that we can count on helpful service at this Inn. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is great, and the breakfast is a good way to start the day. Plus, we like the extras - papers, cookies, bottled water.
Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield to break up the drive for a ski trip with the family. Location is great as you can get on and off the highway easily, downtown restaurants are quick drive, and it had the best rates by far.

The hotel is basic as you would expect from this brand, but it was clean and the kids love the pool.

The thing that stands out is Rebecca, she was happy, polite and willing to help, as were the staff serving breakfast.

On our next ski trip - we'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We decided to come up and spend one night here to start our school vacation. Yes, we knew it was school vacation and yes, we knew it was President's day.....however, so should they have as well. First....the staff who were on were WONDERFUL!!! Unfortunately, there weren't many of them and you could just feel their frustration although they did it with a smile trying to help you as if you were the only one staying here. We arrived at around 6 p.m. on the Sunday night to find the hotel lobby filled with young children all under the age of approximately 13 with no adults. It was noisy....there were kids running back and forth from the lobby to the pool dripping wet and hovering over the hot chocolate station all while the front desk staff was trying to check me in...answer the phone AND make sure that the front lobby was dry mopped so that guests wouldn't fall. This was not a good first impression.

We arrived to our room to find it extremely cold. The window had been left open and it took quite awhile to get it warm but then after that trying to maintain a comfortable temperature was difficult. When it had gotten so warm, we turned the unit off and still, every 12-14 minutes or so the unit would come on sounding like a freight train was entering and blow out cold air.

At around 9:30 our children and I had hoped to go down to the pool and enjoy some relaxing time hanging at the pool. Unfortunately, that wasn't in the cards. Again, the lobby was jam packed with children not supervised, equally as many children and adults were loud and hanging at the pool. In fact, I was going to question if the number of people in this small area were according to code but I wasn't able to speak to someone because the girl at the front counter (the only one) was helping another customer on the phone. We proceeded to go back upstairs to our room and play cards.

Overnight with the heating unit was problematic for the kids.....the loud sound kept waking them up.....maintaining a comfortable temperature was challenging and finally at 7:00 am we decided to head down to breakfast. What a surprise.....tons of people and only one, yes, one staff person working the breakfast. As soon as she filled something up....it was empty. She just couldn't keep up with it. All the while....she stayed composed and again, made you feel like you were the only one eating breakfast. We didn't stay long.....kids quickly grabbed a piece of fruit, cereal bowl and milk and headed back to the room.

The kids couldn't get out of here quick enough......usually an overnight stay at our usual Homewood Suites would have them kicking and screaming at the thought of checking out early but not this stay.

I would recommend that prior to staying here you might inquire if there is a large group staying here for the weekend and if there is, I'd find some place else to stay. Also, not sure if the air conditioning component of the unit works better in this king suite.....but try out the unit before unpacking and be prepared to ask to be moved.

Again....KUDOS to the staff who were on but I can't imagine they'll be here long if their employer continues to ask them to work shifts like this often.

Room Tip: Make sure your heating/air conditioning unit is working properly in any unit you choose.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I wanted to take the time apologize to you about your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Concord NH.

We do our best to give our guests the service they deserve and except. I'm sorry we did not do that with you.

I would like to be able to fix the experience you had with us. Could you please contact me back?

Again, I apologize fore the experience you had with us.

Patricia A Parelius

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We used to stay at this hotel twice a year with other families, but we've been dissapointed the last couple of times. The rooms are really in need of being updated, service is lousy, and prices have gone up as well! What really pushed us to go elsewhere was when my wife woke up with a swollen eye. We then realized it was from the pillow case.

This hotel has the potential because of its location next to the highway and in Concord. Tilton outlets are also about a 20 minutes drive.

Breakfast is still great.

Room Tip: Opposite of highway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I wanted to take the time to apologize to you about your stay with us.

We make promises to our guests that we like to uphold. I'm sorry we did not do that with you the last couple of times you stayed with us.

I would like the opporunity to make this up to you.

I hope to hear from you. Please contact me either by email or phone.

Again, I apologize.

Patricia Parelius

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent one night in Concord. Coming in late afternoon and leaving fairly early the next morning we didn't want to spend a lot of money on a motel room. The location was great since its right off I-93. Staff was friendly and room was very comfortable and clean. A good restaurant was in walking distance that night. Breakfast was good. Great price for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Concord
Residence Inn Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow

Been to Fairfield Inn Concord? Share your experiences!