“great hotel with BAD experience!”

Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Booked hotel through hotwire. It was great. Ate at the restaurant and enjoyed it. Beds were very comfortable, and room was clean. Desk staff was very nice. HOWEVER, for the first time ever in my life, I left something behind at the hotel. I was traveling with 3 other family members and one of them had reminded me to get my earrings off the stand. I put it in the back of my mind but I somehow forgot. I called the hotel about 45 minutes after we left and asked them to set the earrings aside and I would arrange to get them mailed the next day. She explained that housekeeping had left which I found odd as it was early afternoon. Perhaps she meant the manager. I was told I would get a call in the am in which I did and ........no earrings found. I spoke to the head of housekeeping and said "perhaps they got wiped onto the floor and maybe someone could re-look" knowing that this could give a chance to the person who stole them. I was again told they were not found. I asked to speak to management as I and others knew they were left there. They were diamond chip dangles given to me by my grandmother. I was told someone would call me the next day and no one did. I got nowhere. Nightmare! I will never come here due to the poor customer service of the staff in how they handled a complaint and for housekeeping for stealing my earrings.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank nursenewman
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

We were finally able to track down the earrings and have shipped them to this guest. Glad you enjoyed our hotel otherwise and even more happy that you have your grandmother's earrings back. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Reviewed November 30, 2010

The hotel is perfectly suited for an overnight business trip. Great location downtown within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. Pleasant staff, clean rooms.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kdubyaNH
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2010

Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed our great location. Doesn't Concord have a great downtown?

Reviewed October 24, 2010

We enjoyed our stay here and found it very convenient for getting around Concord. Our room was a king bed with pull our sofa bed for our teen. Staff at desk helped us add a night on our reservation even though it was originally through Expedia and gave us the same rate. Clean, free wireless, comfy beds, honor system snacks and drinks available twenty four hours.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank capindc
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Thank you for the feedback. You "hit the nail on the head" with your comments.... We have free high-speed internet (a Holiday Inn standard), we pride ourselves on our cleanliness, and you clearly enjoyed our new beds. When we purchased new mattresses earlier this year we called the Holiday Inns with the top 10 guest scores for mattress comfort and asked them which mattress they have. 7 of the 10 said Serta, so we purchased all new Serta mattresses. Glad you enjoyed them and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Concord for one weekend night recently and everything was great. The reception staff was very friendly and helped us out with anything we needed. The room was very clean and had been recently updated. I appreciated the Priority Club gift as it was something unexpected but appreciated. If we are in the area again, we will stay there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind words. We know you have a lot of choices when staying in Concord, NH and we appreciate your business. We hope you come back to stay with us next year during our beautiful Fall foliage season.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

I bid for a hotel room on Priceline for the north of Boston area since there wasn't really anything else closer since it was a last minute stay on the biggest holiday weekend in New England.....For $60, I think it was a pretty good deal. The hotel in right on main st just off the expressway, so the location was great. The room was clean, a realistic 3 star, but rather tired looking; there were 2 holes in the floor that were covered with carpeting, but every time you walked by you felt the holes-now why in the world did they not fix this. The room #215 was right across from the ice and soda machines, so that was a pain, but after bidding on rooms on Priceline, this tends to be what you get.....The free wireless was fast, yet there was no business center. Lots of restaurants nearby and room service was acceptable. A good choice for a place to sleep and that's about it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gottagit
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you for the review. We do pride ourselves on clean rooms, a great location, and exceptional customer services. Most of the rooms have received new carpet and wallpaper in the past year, which has accentuated the need for the furniture to be upgraded. If all goes as planned this is scheduled for 2011. Thanks again for staying with us and for the review.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding with the family, we confused the staff pretty well because half of the family booked 5 rooms each, but the staff who could have been rude, were very nice. The location is great, with walking distance to the shops and eateries. My kids loved the pool and Nonni's had pizza and breakfast, they need more wait staff but the staff that helped us were great. We had a lot of family and they seemed to handle everything pretty well. The rooms were better than expected, from a Holiday Inn, very clean and had plenty of room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed our hotel, staff, and Nonni's.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Husband and I were looking for a place to just escape and do some driving around New Hampshire. I called this hotel to get the rates and ask about the location. The woman who answered took the time to talk to me about location of highway and whether we can hear it and if it's a loud neighborhood etc. Which they were all no. She did mention the hotel was having some work done on their roof and it could get very loud. We hesitated because of the noise and decided to call another hotel. When I asked the guy if I could talk to him about his hotel, he put me on hold and transferred me to the 800 number. I hung up and called the Holiday Inn back and made the reservation. She said she would hold a room on either the 2nd or 3rd floor so we weren't right under the work. Also worth mentioning, the prices was about $70 less then the online rates I was finding per night!

When we got there, the women at the desk remember me. We were given a room on the 3rd floor and on the otherside of the roof work. The room (King size bed) was great. Small kitchen area, Small couch and chair with table, desk and desk chair. TV, A/C and a comfortable bed. The room was clean and comfortable.

Service was great. Anytime we called down they were friendly. We asked for plates on night to eat dinner in and they came up right away. We had a great time.

There is an italian restaurant in the hotel that we went to for breakfast and dessert. Whenever we went there, the place was dead and it took a minute to get the staff moving to start waiting the table. But once they got going they did ok. It just didn't seem like a hopping place. The food was decent, but I would probably try to find someplace else. Another breakfast we had down the street at the Windmill Family Restaurant was much better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and our service. Needless to say we pride ourselves on the service that we provide.

You'll also be happy to know that THE CONSTRUCTION ON THE ROOF IS NOW COMPLETE!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
Residence Inn Concord
Residence Inn Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow

Been to Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown? Share your experiences!