“This HOTEL by itself is DECENT, but with the addition of certain STAFF.”

Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed November 5, 2013

As a Hotel itself this Hotel is decent enough, the rooms are clean, large enough, not too noisy (unless the neighbours in the other rooms decide to have conversations in the hallways & thus allow their very young children to run up & down the hallways at 2-3am, and there is NO Staff downstairs to answer the telephone to register this issue). But what truly MAKES this Hotel EXCEPTIONAL are a few members of Staff (Madison, Alexandra, and Emily (NIGHT Shift, of course when she is on duty)). These members of Staff truly make this Hotel THE place to stay when in Concord, NH. They are the MOST Helpful. KIND, Generous (of their time to explain the area etc), Informative, Understanding. They go beyond the call of duty in my opinion. The Restaurant that is 'attached' to the Hotel is definitely NOT worth the effort. They are understaffed, do not seem capable to provide the bare minimum of service (even for a side of bacon & a side of toast no butter). Also the Manager on Duty (new) should definitely TAKE lessons from the above mentioned Staff members when it comes to his Customer Service Skills & manners, quite a rude demeanour. The Rates at the Hotel are very very reasonable, and the location for the Hotel are so central (just literally off the Motorway, even for a completely new Tourist, so easy to locate), walking distance to great restaurant Tandy's.

Room Tip: Make sure on the SouthWest Side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank arync

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is well located. It is clean and practical. It does not have any significant weaknesses. The reception staff is invariably friendly and helpful.

We stayed on the occasion of a wedding and it proves to be a convenient place to lodge many of the wedding's guests.

Jean-Pierre and Ofelia.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

we recently stayed here and the hotel was very good with all the necessary amenities. very clean, staff were very helpful. the onsite restaurant was also very good. a very enjoyable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the Downtown Concord for a wedding and the reception was at the
hotel. The room was very comfortable and clean. Only problem was no full length
mirror in the room or in the hallway. It is important when you want to see the entire
outfit.

The staff was very helpful with any questions we had. They were also very friendly and pleasant!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Downtown Concord, NH is a great place, and is architecturally rich in tradition. The Downtown Holiday inn is not brick faced, but somehow does not seem out of place. It is an older building and shows some wear. It is, however, fairly priced for the area(not inexpensive @ $ 139./nt) and offers the usual amenities. What made this a good experience for me was the interaction with thee staff members, one Night and two Morning. Very helpful, very pleasant ..... genuinely.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear SeaStock,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. Our pleasant and helpful staff strive to make each guest’s stay unique and it sounds like they were able to accomplish that for you. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Again, thank you for the feedback. This helps in becoming a better hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I were hosts for a reunion for Vietnam veterans that I served with. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown Concord and were treated exceptionally. I set this up earlier in the year and all went with no flaws. The staff there were very friendly and we were treated very well. The hotel has many amenities and restaurant with an excellent breakfast and dinner menu. Although we didn't use them, they have several function rooms which were busy everyday. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend that you join their points club. It will get you some freebies anytime you stay at any of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

When I returned home from a three night stay at the Holiday Inn in Concord I had planned on leaving a raving review because my experience had been delightful. The staff up to that point I thought had been informative and helpful. Well, I dropped my gram off at home and drove to my house an hour and a half away to get a phone call from her later that night telling me that the hotel had called on Sunday to inform us that my car had been in a fender bender (we were still staying on property when they called her house). I was exhausted and waited until today to see if anything had been damaged and it had. So, I called the hotel to find out number one why no one called our room and left a message there if we were not in (they did it for other things), two why didn't anyone say anything when we checked out and three if they had any information about the person who hit me. Luckily they had the answer to the important question and I was able to give my insurance company the individuals name and address. In a case like this they should have tried to track us down. I even left MY cell number in case something like this happened and I never received a call. I am just discouraged because this ruined my whole experience here. I loved every minute until I found out that my car had been hit and no one said a word, Just disappointing.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fairreview29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear fairreview29,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when our level of staff service fell short of your expectations. Management has been made aware of this issue and it will be addressed immediately.

We sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N