“the worst hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“the worst hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Everything looks old and worn out.The ac smelled funny.The tub and sink was clogged and asked to be fixed and was not.The yard had alot of trash. The outside lighting didnt work.I will never stay there again

Room Tip: dont stay at hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank carl j
HolidayInnConcord, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thanks for your comments in regard to your stay. I apologize for the issues you encoutered. We take great pride in our hotel and the staff that work here. We value your comments and will correct the issues you mentioned. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that I could get more specifics about your stay (date and room used) so that I can follow-up on the plumbing / ac issues. The lighting issue has been corrected (out for one night only). I very much appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

we would apprecaite the opportunity to earn your business back. I look forward to speaking with you.

Rob McCarthy
President
Chartwell Hotels, LLC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Westfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Although I haven’t stayed there in a couple of years, I have stayed at this property many times. It is, for Holiday Inn, a completely average experience. I expect average from Holiday Inn. Let’s face it, nobody is booking rooms here and expecting the Four Seasons. I expect a clean room and a minimum of problems and that’s exactly what I got. Check in was easy. My room was clean and damage free. No bugs or noise. The bathroom was clean and looked like it had been recently upgraded. The internet was free, easy, and fast. I did not use the restaurant or workout facility.

Things to know if you’re planning on staying here… This property is located in the middle of downtown. It is an easy walk to the capitol building and many of the shops and eateries on Main Street. It is very close to I-93. I wasn’t bothered by any street noise, but I’m not sensitive to noise, so you’re mileage may vary. There are some retail/chain restaurants, but they’re a short drive.

The parking lot is oddly arranged. I got a spot close to the door, but there is an over flow lot behind the property (across the street). It didn’t look well lit and not someplace I’d park my vehicle.

Bottom line, if you’re looking for a nice, clean place to stay you could do a lot worse. If I’m back in the Concord area, I’ll book here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NTB15
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comments. You seemed to hit all of our hallmarks: clean rooms, friendly efficient staff, free internet, and a great downtown location. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you back again soon.
hoosier in jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our stay here was brief, and it certainly met our needs. The room (409) was clean and quiet even though we were warned that there was the possibility of noise from some other guests. The staff we encountered were great. They were friendly and helpful. The hotel is dated and needs some upgrades. The fixtures and carpet were worn and they could really upgrade to flat screen TVs. Don't expect luxury but the bed was comfortable and that was what we were looking for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happynest
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. Most of our rooms have been recently improved with new carpet, wallpaper, and bedding, although it sounds as though you were in a room which has not yet been completed. Regarding your room view, please let us know your preference regarding which side of the hotel you are on. We have customers that prefer both sides for different reasons and we always do our best to accommodate those requests when possible. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Littleton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hotel was clean, staff very friendly. Room was great, bed was great. pool and hot tub were nice except for the 30 kids that were in the pool from the hockey tournaments that were going on there. Staff did tell us upon check in that they were staying there also. Very loud, but good time overall

Room Tip: check to make sure there are no hockey tournamants for the weekend in that area
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank caroline764
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope the hockey kids didn't bother you too much. There are only tournaments in town a couple of times each year and we have several measures in place to minimize the impact to our other guests. We hope to have you back with us again soon.
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Booked through Priceline and got a good value during the holiday season. Room was okay and bath and beds clean enough but decor was tired with some staining on the walls and carpet, needs upgrading. There was a distinct paint smell which must have been coming from another room so there may be renovations going on. Hotel seemed understaffed at what seemed like a slow time of year. Our room faced behind the building which is a depressing view of warehouses and abandoned railroad tracks.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street from the front of the building are best.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Merlin V
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Walls separating adjacent rooms from ours could have been as thin as paper. I could hear negotiations between the couples during “time out”, leave alone cry of pleasure after touch downs, but it was not all. Heating device was very noisy so we had to turn it off before going to bed and wake up in a chilly room in the morning. The second night, our neighbours were not as noisy, but we smelled and inhaled cigarette smoke all night in a supposedly non-smoking hotel. It was a regretful prepaid reservation, otherwise we would have changed hotel after our first night stay.

Room Tip: Stay there during low season when it is not too cold or too hot and make sure that the adjacent room...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boroushan
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a restful stay because you could hear the family in the room next to you and the noise from the heater was bothersome. Had our staff been made aware we would have made every effort possible to move you to a room without any neighbors. I would invite you to let us know of any concerns as they are occuring so that we can do our best to make it right for you.

Thank you again for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide a better experience next time.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here at the last minute since the weather wasn't great and I didn't want to trek back to Boston so late. I booked through a website that offered "bid your own price" and well...you get what you pay for.

Since I had prepaid check-in was very quick and the front desk was very cordial.

The room was the last room on the floor furtherest away from the elevators and right next to the stairway. One of my friends said this is the "coupon" room. I didn't mind it so much since I don't like to be next to the elevators.

When I first walked into the room there was a faint smell of mold and mildew. The room appeared clean however there was some scaling of either soap or water on the walls in the bathtub that didn't seem to have been cleaned.

I was supposed to have a queen size bed however it did not look or feel like a queen, more like a double bed. This room was a typical room except they took out th additional bed and put in a really long side table on the side of the bed. There was also a pull out couch on the side of the room.

The bed was very close to the wall with the window and heating unit, infact, the heating/cooling unit, when it was operating, was blowing right on bed and me if I was laying in it. I had to turn the other smaller nightstand sideways to block the air flow from blowing directly on me. There were no controls on the heating unit to force the air in another direction.

I've also gotten used to a flat screen TV so when I'm watching an old TV set I feel like I'm back in time. Though the TV appeared to work fine.

Luckily I was up very early since there was construction going on directly on the side of the hotel near the highway which was very loud at 7 AM.

The hotel did offer free wifi which worked fine and had a very very basic gym and indoor pool. The gym really only consisted of 3 bikes, a treadmill and very light dumbells, not for someone doing a full work out.

Overall it was an ok stay. Had I been there longer I would have asked for another room since the mold smell was so prominent every time I walked into the room.

It's doesn't seem like a great area for a hotel and when you exit the parking lot you are forced to go right.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BBuddy
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'd be happy to discuss some of your specific concerns if you'd like to call me directlly. In the meantime, we should have flat screen TVs soon. I appreciate you staying with us and the feedback that you have provided.