“Just to get away would not return”
Review of Days Inn Concord

Days Inn Concord
Days Inn Concord
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I had opted to stay here because we were interested in going away overnight and this is by far the worst hotel that we have stayed at.
We booked a king suite with a jacuzzi tub and we booked ahead online. When I initially booked this hotel both my boyfriend and I were really excited because we saw that it had a jacuzzi tub. We thought this was going to be awesome because we wanted to sit in the Jacuzzi tub together. Well, we got there and got our room and when we went inside we were very disappointed. The lights that were on the wall were plugged into an outlet that was behind the bed and if you so much as moved you would have the lights go out. We were concerned this was a fire risk but slept with the lights from that outlet unplugged. It was very annoying to say the least.
Then when we went to look at the "Jacuzzi tub" we were very sad to see that it was not anything special just a tub (a small regular sized one at that) with jets. And in the bathroom was a sign saying that if you used this Jacuzzi you would be subjected to a $25 fee. I went over to the office and they told me it was taken care of because I had booked online and I was relieved for that but I was still disappointed because I paid a good $90+ for the room.
The next morning when we were getting ready to leave the housekeeping knocked at our door at 9:30 in the morning wanting to clean the room and we were not ready to go. After they had done that we felt rushed to leave. I did not feel that was very professional. I didn't realize that I would have to put a do not disturb sign on the door.
Also the room seemed to have a funny scent as well, it just didn't smell right. I realize that it isn't summer either but the air conditioning unit that was in the room was not able to let you choose a temperature. I was actually quite cold.
I am sure that this is just a value hotel but I feel as though we got ripped off for what we paid. I will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysInnConcord, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear JG:

I am sorry that your stay with us was not satisfactory. After receiving your review the air conditioner was checked and found to be in good working order. We have also changed the description of the tub on our website. Housekeeping has been reminded not to knock on doors prior to check out time unless they know for sure that the guest has left.

We always hope that guests will advise us of issues they have during their stay so they can be addressed immediately. Thank you for your input which will help us to improve services to our guests.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

hotel had more of a "motel" feel to it. mainly the outdated furnishing. but very clean and well taken care of. you could hear people passing by outside but it was not of any concern. i rated the front desk knowledge as average only because the room was booked and prepaid online but the receptionist didnt seem to see that and told me i coupld pay when i checked out (i knew though that wasnt the case). but not a huge deal... i rated the air quality as average only becasue it seemed as if it has been some time since the windows were open. i tend to like a cool breeze every now and then and thought nothing of letting a little fresh air in.. again- not a huge deal. the presentation of breakfast was okay, nothing spectacular. the food however was awful unless you are happy with a bagel & cream cheese choice. we were not impressed with breakfast and opted for McDonalds drive thru the next morning. we did not have any service as far as WiFi is concerned but that could have been because of our cellphone provider (tmobile). the location was great.. located literally right off the exit. very convienent to town/resteraunts/bars ect.
all in all i think the hotel was perfect for what we needed it for. we skied at Mt Sunapee saurday as part of their festEVOL weekend. it was a short quick trip for us.. needing really only a place to sleep and to shower. hotel rated perfect for just that (other than the breakfast, but who doesnt love McDonalds anyway?!) hope this is helpful!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnConcord, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Reviewed March 21, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 20, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 20, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Courtyard Concord
Courtyard Concord
#6 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Been to Days Inn Concord? Share your experiences!